Babies are wild and we’re just here for the ride

miljana93

FTM here with a 5W LO and I think I’m slowly but surely realizing there is no rhyme or reason to these little humans! To some degree, yes, then need fed, changed, hugged, etc. but right when we think we “got in a good groove,” he said “fck this” and changes the tune!

And I love to add reasoning to behavior. Did he not sleep as long last night because he napped too hard before bedtime routine started? Does feeding him too close to his “bedtime bottle” affect how long he’ll be down? I can drive myself crazy with all the “oh he did X so it messed up Y & Z”. But I think I’ve come to terms with he’s a baby.. this is his world right now and I’m here to go with his flow and figure it out along the way.

Not looking for advice but would love to hear stories from other moms who thought they had they LOs all figured out, just to get a hard dose of gotcha from them!

@miljana93 Preach mama!!

My husband keeps trying to find reasons or make predictions which helps me manage my own expectations since I’m on night duty.

ETA: sitting here as LO only eats 1.5oz of his bottle…when typically he houses 4.0oz at this time of day ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@miljana93 My LO is 13 weeks and I’ve also came to this realization lol stopped liking the cradle hold, then preferred looking over the shoulder, now only wants to be held carried forward which is killing my wrists 😅 every day is something different. Don’t get me started with naps every time I think I have a schedule figured out there’s a curveball 😵‍💫 definitely babies world and I’m just the butler lol