Anyone have a K'tan Breeze?

maximus242

Third kid, lots of carriers in my closet, but I hate my Moby and don't like dealing with the Ergo insert so I thought I'd give the K'tan a go this round for the squish stage. Had it all figured out, logged into Buy Buy Baby (yay coupons!) and saw that the Breeze is only $10 more. Kid is coming in April, so I'll probably be using it all summer. Is it actually cooler than the standard K'tan?

Also, pre-pregnancy I was bouncing between a size 12 and size 14. Of course the sizing is M to 12 and L starts at 14. I'm thinking that I should stick with the M and let it stretch a bit, but I'm not 100% on that. Any advice?

Edit: Found a M Breeze on FB for $15. I'll know in a month or two whether I got the right one, but at least if I didn't it was cheap!

@maximus242 Absolutely stick with the smaller size... I started with a M and it felt good for about 5 minutes after a fresh wash/dryer session. But it very quickly stretched out and became too saggy for support.
I sized down to a S (hubby now uses the M) and there is much improvement in the support. They're super stretchy!!! Smaller is definitely better ☺️

Also, use the size guide on their website. You can enter your height and weight. If you're shorter than 5'2" (I think) they will recommend the smaller size.

Hope that's helpful!

@maximus242 Have you considered a ring sling? It only requires one pass of fabric unlike the stretchy carriers which would require 3 passes. A ring sling will also last you into the up and down toddler years. Just a suggestion which you may not have considered.

@faith78 I have a ring sling. I could never get it adjusted right, and then I found my Ergo and it was love. The ring sling is still in the closet, I might give it another try.

@maximus242 Fell free to post some photos for a fit check. It might also be helpful to watch a couple YouTube videos. The main things are to spread the fabric over your shoulder and keep baby in a belly to belly position. If you need help, you could also check out your local babywearing group. They will have set meeting times or may even have someone that can meet up with you if you can't make it to a meeting.

@faith78 My "local" babywearing group is more than an hour away lol. I've got a month before delivery and I'm not willing to put up my 35 pound 2 year old right now but I'll definitely check out youtube and post a fit check in a month or two!

@maximus242 I have the Breeze and it stretches horribly. Definitely go smaller.

I also don't know if it's much cooler for the baby - perhaps only when LO's head is cradled by the perforated side. At the end of the day, there are still up to 4 layers of t-shirt material behind LO's back. Even with the perforations, that's a lot of fabric.

The Active is made out of a different (athletic) material but I've never tried it.

@maximus242 The M for sure. They stretch solo much. I ended up never using mine because my Medium stretched out within 10 minutes and the baby sagged. Might even want to try a small....

@maximus242 I have a breeze and a regular ktan, love them both. LO is 20 lbs and we both still love it. The breeze is lighter weight for hot days, but we've been using the regular all winter. My post baby size is an 18 and I stuck with the medium, large was too saggy.

@maximus242 The material of the breeze is supposedly not as stretchy as the original. Many reviews mention this.

No idea if it's actually cooler, but it is made of that mesh athletic material, so it probably is. I'd get a lighter color too, if heat is a concern.

I ended up getting the original when the breeze I tried was too small. The sizing calculator told me I should get xs but I couldn't fit the baby in the xs. I ended up getting a S and it fit baby time - normally a size 2-4 prepregnancy. Currently still carrying baby weight and boobs grew 3 sizes so it makes sense that I shouldn't go with XS. So for me I had to go with the larger size, but YMMV.

Edit
Oops I was talking about the active! I haven't tried the breeze.. my bad!