Anyone else’s wife absolutely love being pregnant?

@carolinafan74 It's a skin condition or rash that causes extreme itching on your abdomen, arms and legs, mine was so bad I'd scratch my legs until they bled and had to have multiple blood tests as it was presenting similarly to cholestasis. It turned up around 33 weeks and went away immediately after birth. There's a higher risk of it if you have a male baby!

@carolinafan74 Here! My wife is 35 weeks and has largely loved the whole process thus far. We did IVF so once seemingly endless shots finally ended, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

By now she mostly just gets annoyed at her limited lung capacity and trouble finding a comfortable way to sleep, which seems to be pretty minor all things considered.

She told me to tell you that she purposely doesn't talk about how easy her pregnancy is in public sometimes because she doesn't want to seem like she's rubbing it in.

@tod64 Yeah my wife is a bit like that too. She doesn’t want to make other women who have had more difficult pregnancies feel bad.

That was actually why I asked the question. I figured there might be a lot more like that who don’t speak up. Plus I thought it would be nice to hear some positive stories for a change haha.

@carolinafan74 My first pregnancy was miserable. I’m 41 weeks tomorrow and walked 2 miles today. I feel great. I am
So grateful this experience was amazing compared to my first.

@carolinafan74 My wife loved it too and had none of the complications you usually hear about. Only thing she ever really experienced was a few more emotional moments than normal which is absolutely to be expected. I was one lucky husband because of this.

I will say, everything was golden and then she was in early labor for 4 full days with contractions happening frequently and strong enough for us to go to the hospital twice only to find out she was 1.5cm both times. She was in immense pain and discomfort and I felt terrible for her. Was hard for her to sleep, but then on day 5 she was at 4cm when we went in for induction, didn’t need the induction, so got the epidural and her body progressed perfectly natural after that. It was smooth sailing and we have a beautiful and healthy 3 week old, adorable boy.

Enjoy it!

@carolinafan74 Yes, she's totally thrived and glowing. She missed a lot of the typical symptoms but does work a manual job so that causes some aches and tiredness. She's going to be bummed when no longer pregnant but I'm sure that will be replaced with loving the baby.

@tkim2409 I am so impressed by women who work manual jobs while pregnant. Even with an uneventful pregnancy it must be exhausting!

As much as my wife has enjoyed the pregnancy, even just walking for more than about 1-2kms totally wears her out. And she’s needed at least one nap per day from around 30 weeks.

Tell your wife she’s amazing, from a random internet guy.

@carolinafan74 My gf has had some tough times in her first trimester, with lots of nausea and tiredness. She got into a second wind early on in her second trimester but isn't feeling great again atm, so will see how the rest of the journey goes.

@carolinafan74 Excuse to overeat, get lots of rest, get complements, know that your body is doing something magical and for the greater good of our family. How could you not like it???? My wife is trying to get pregnant and is eating like an Olympic athlete. Prenatal vitamins, smoothies, high protein meals, fiber, etc. putting away 1000-1500 calories at breakfast alone. (Don’t worry I am too 🙃)

After our miscarriage she did say I just loved being pregnant so much.

Back