Another mom told me I have a fat a** today

@sakura656 In a way, this is awesome: I can't believe someone would say that!!!

I also am not quick on the retorts, but I get very red and my eyes open wide when I get mad 😆 People edge away! ;)

Seriously though, you didn't engage, and she wanted you to, so you stymied her. Nicely done!

@sakura656 Ignoring her is the best thing. As hard as it is not to off on some asshole like this ( who is raising another asshole unfortunately), the best way to truly piss them off is not give them a reaction. That’s what they want. It drives them nuts when you ignore them.

@gb123 I felt really ganged up on with her and a couple of other parents she was talking to. I found out later she was part of a school group and supposed to be a chaperone. I was worried they wouldn’t believe me because she was standing there telling the other parents I was mean to her child (I wasn’t! I didn’t raise my voice, just firm). I was also on the brink of tears and didn’t want to cry for such a stupid reason.

@sakura656 See, my petty fat ass would figure out what school she was chaperoning for & filed a complaint with the district office or something 😆how embarrassing would that be if she couldn’t be a chaperone anymore.

@sakura656 I feel so so sad for her daughter. Her future is doomed with a parent like that. Please report the mother to the school. Even if she doesn’t get in trouble it may lead to help for the daughter.

@sakura656 She is obviously unhinged. She should have been paying attention, and even if she wasn’t once you explained that her child pushed another she should have apologized. It sounds like you handled the situation the best you could. I’m sorry you had to go through that.

@sakura656 Whenever I see behaviour from adults that is wildly unacceptable, I turn to my toddler and say (loud enough to be heard by others) “that’s not nice behaviour, we don’t do (insert offending behaviour). Sometimes even grownups haven’t learned how to play nice with others. So we need to walk away and find nicer people to play with.” And ignore the idiot adult because it’s not worth your time arguing with someone who behaves like a toddler.

@sakura656 People are trash. You did the right thing. She was the one who embarrassed herself by acting like a bully. Good job for setting a good example of your daughter by being the bigger person.

@sakura656 I woukd have said “well we know where your child got their manners from.” And I wouldn’t have given her the satisfaction of driving me away. I would probably have spoken to a staff member though to let them know what had occurred.