Am I pregnant?

bman10123

Long story short, unexplained infertility for the last three years. Haven’t gone to a doctor since SO and I hadn’t been that interested in having kids currently. Since we figured I can’t get pregnant, we’ve been forgoing condoms/birth control. Can’t get pregnant anyway, we’re both each other’s firsts... so why spend the money, y’know?

Anyway. I recorded unprotected sex on the 4th (see link in the beginning). My period still hasn’t come, but there have been a few times before where AuntFlo will show up at the end of the month/the beginning of the next month (so I’d have a really long cycle, then a shorter one, basically 2 periods in one month) and then it would go back to normal.

This time I haven’t had any of my normal period symptoms - bloating, the usual cramps I’d get before my period. My boobs are sore, but that happens occasionally with my period.

I’m nauseous fairly often, but haven’t thrown up.

Basically, I’m asking if I should test, that it seems likely, or if I’m jumping the gun again and should wait to test since my period has been wonky before.

I’ve always wanted to be a mom, but with the way things had been going I’ve been forcing myself to get used to the idea of not having kids, and then something like this happens.

@bman10123 Since you aren’t tracking ovulation, the rule of thumb is a test about two weeks after sex is accurate. So a test would definitely be accurate now for the sex you had on the 4th. Avoid blue dye tests and go with a pink dye test.

Back