Am I being petty

@kallim22 Single mom here! Family I didn't have a relationship with before, I still don't have now. They ask about the kid sometimes, to people who are involved with her.

I didn't want the drama, and still don't, so it's cool. Moms act like they have a"village" when really it's rather lonely. I don't know why it's so dishonest. Maybe it's because they thing having active grandparents or a multigenerational household is enough?

@kallim22 You're doing your best. Struggling but it will get better. They might not help you the way you want them to but at least they are still helping. Being a single parent is not easy but we have to make the best out of it.Try not to dwell on the people who see your kid just when they want to or when they just feel like it. Believe me as your kid grow up she will know who cares about her. The bond will grow and that's what matters. I don't have that few days to be honest. I embraced the responsibility. It's impossible to leave them to their father and sleepover to their grandparents only started after 5 years of separation from their Dad. Yet it's all worth it because now they can take care of themselves during sleepover. So hang in there it's going to get better...