6 months PP and feel 95 years old!

deyahss41

Stay at home mom of twins and literally feel like I’m 95 years old! Anyone else feel so exhausted and sore every day?! I have had multiple test done to make sure there is no autoimmune diseases because I am so stiff with painful joints in the morning!!

@deyahss41 Are you breastfeeding or pumping? Your body still produces relaxin if so, which can affect your joints. I felt like I could barely get out of bed when I was pumping for my twins and after I stopped it still took another few months before I started to feel normal.

@deyahss41 That could definitely be it then? I was in so much pain getting on the floor with my twins was an ordeal and getting back up again took help from my husband sometimes.

@deyahss41 I have FF basically from the beginning. 5 months old and feel like this everyday. Nothing helps. They are basically sleeping through the night, waking up once for milk, but I'm just feeling exactly the same way as you

@deyahss41 Just jumping in t9 say if you’ve breastfeed I’ve been told it takes six months once you stop for the relaxin to subside. I’m 8 mpp and still pumping and in so much pain.

@deyahss41 I’m a year pp and am just now coming through all the weird ailments that were never problems prepregnancy. Had weird knee and back pain. My fingers. I feel like it’s a 9-10mo thing to make the babies, gotta take at least the at much time to be on the other side of it.

@deyahss41 There is so much about early motherhood that causes inflammation (which can be joint pain) and hormonal imbalances. I recently joined a hormone balance program and I’m doing so much better. In a nutshell, good nutrition is your best friend. Focus on clean protein, lots of fruits and veggies, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates. Limit caffeine, sugar, and alcohol. Get at least 10 minutes of daylight in the morning. No screens 1-2 hours before bed. Focus more on self care the best you can during that time (talking with spouse, nice shower, journaling, yoga…whatever is relaxing for you). And eat dinner 3-4 hours before bed. You can’t “rest and digest” at the same time. Try to get a bit exercise, even just a ten minute walk or equipment-free home workout. I know it’s so hard to work in your own self care but I found these changes manageable even with twins.

@deyahss41 Yep, 9 months PP and my joints and feet are killing me. I’m also going through additional testing since I came up positive for inflammation on the first round. It sucks. I wish I had any advice to share beyond stretching. I’m hoping it’s just leftover relaxin, but I’m not breastfeeding so I doubt it.

@deyahss41 I was literally scrolling on Reddit and thinking this exact thing so thank you for this post, I’m only 6 weeks PP but I actually feel more sore now than I did when I was pregnant, my back, knees, ankles, hips are all so sore all the time! Hoping it goes away soon and this isn’t just my new normal because the thought of chasing after my girls once they’re mobile is daunting 😅

@deyahss41 16 months PP and I hurt all the time. My levels of stuff have been all over since a few months PP. thyroid was high then it leveled out, Prolactin was high for a few months and now I have to go next week to check for hormone imbalance. I also have awful back pain that I’m guessing causes the knee and foot pain. Have taken PT and it helped some.

@deyahss41 🫠🫠🫠 oh boy. I’m 3 months PP and my core is still so weak. Pelvis / lower back / hips / knees. All hurt. Although knees are getting a bit better. I’m still exclusively pumping so I’m hoping that’s it. But these comments aren’t making me feel much better. Sigh.

@deyahss41 Yes! I felt that until our boys started walking. They are both huge babies and my back had never tensed up so bad while caring for them. It happened a lot getting them in and out of the bathtub. I worked as a nurse full time 12 hour days shifts and had never felt so tired until I stayed home full time with our boys for the first year of their life- if that puts it into perspective. CBD and chiropractor helped. Massage would probably also help but I haven’t had time to go get a massage 😂

@deyahss41 It’s amazing what one good night’s sleep will do 😭 I felt this way until I either had hubby take the night shift and I got a solid 6-8 hrs or when they started sleeping through the night. Holy shit it makes a huge difference

@deyahss41 Make sure you’re getting all your vitamins! Maybe ask your doc to do some bloodwork to see if you’re low in anything. Also, think about taking vitamins specific to postpartum. I don’t remember having any joint issues or body aches with my first (aside from the regular c-section recovery) and I was breastfeeding and pumping around the clock. But I was taking Postnatal vitamins so maybe those were helping.