29 weeks and baby measuring 3 lb 9.5 oz. I'm terrified

@asdf415 My 9lb 3oz baby was easier to push out than his 8lb siblings šŸ™ƒ

My doctor kept saying I'd be okay to give birth to a breech baby because my 3rd didn't want to flip, because I had my second (big baby) out in 2 pushes. That doctor jinxed me, I almost had a C section because the baby flipped but then was sunny side up and that shit was HARD

@asdf415 I had a big baby, I donā€™t think itā€™s that big of a deal you wonā€™t break your pelvis haha, I hope my next one is smaller though because I think little babies are so cute and my first didnā€™t even fit newborn size when he was born haha

@asdf415 at 27 weeks she was 2 pounds 7 ounces
at 32 weeks she was an ounce off 5 pounds
at 36 she was an ounce or two off 8 pounds.
I had follow up scans due to suspected fetal macrosomia.
Everyone told me everything would be fine. That theres no such thing as a ā€œbigā€ baby.
That the scans are almost always wrong.
Yes. They can be wrong. They can also be right especially in a wrong way.

So I agreed with my OP about a Caesarean. Fetal mascromia fell under medical for me.

We suspected somewhere like 9.4-9.6.

She was over 10 pounds.

If I hadnā€™t listened to my head then I donā€™t know what wouldā€™ve happened. Serious complications can happen when delivering a baby with fetal macrosmia.

Even the people operating me as soon as they pulled her out literally told me that they were GLAD I had a c section and didnā€™t give birth vaginally.

So Iā€™ll be the one to tell you to get some follow up scans. Talk to your doctor. Because they can also be right.

Iā€™ll probably be downvoted to hell for this lol.

@asdf415 i might be the only person iā€™ve ever heard who had the in uterine weight be accurate. the told me that if i carried to 40 weeks my baby would be 10-12 lbs. I had him at 36 weeks and he was 8 pounds 10 ounces. so he was right on track to be huge by 40 weeks.

@asdf415 Just to add to the voices saying that even if the baby is classed as big, it doesn't mean a hard birth necessarily! Mine were 9lb 7 and 10 lb 4, both short pushing times and both water births. With my daughter who was 10lb 4 I only had a tiny tear, one stitch I think. It was a dreamy, peaceful birth. All the best to you and your birth.

@asdf415 My son was estimated to be 8 pounds at birth and was actually 10.5 pounds. Trust me, you can do this. You are strong and made this wonderful life, let your inner mama bear shine.