“GeT rEaDy!”

@jonksda But it’s actually true. I wore a Fitbit during postpartum with all kids. I slept 5.5 hours total (broken sleep over 24 hours) for the first 6 months after having each kid. That’s how it is. Sleeping while pregnant = easier

@richardnm I get what you mean. People really don't think before they speak. A guy in a work meeting said that he was so happy his 2 year old was sleeping through the night and as he is due for his 2nd child in about 3 weeks our boss just went "oh that will end very soon" and I'm just thinking, damn you're nice and all but surely you know that's kind of a defeating statement to make.

But then again, I'm pregnant and this same guy sent me a pic of his 2 yo with shit up it's entire back saying "get ready". So I guess we all do it hahahah.

@richardnm I hate these comments. I wanted to be a parent. I asked for this. I look forward to raising my children. Stop trying to bring me down just because your life is miserable.

My favorite is when people tell me I won't be able to exercise often when I have kids. These are the same people who make time to do things like attend every local NFL game, watch the newest thing on Netflix, spend Saturday out shopping for clothes, play poker with the guys every week, etc. It's just about what you prioritize.

@richardnm It is BIZARRE how friends and family harangue you about "when you are you guys having kids! you'd be such great parents! there's never a 'right time' to do it you just gotta go for it!" then the second you get pregnant it's like "HAHA WE FOOLED YOU!!! THIS IS HELL!!! SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!"

@richardnm I will say this, my youngest brother very smugly asked me if I was ready for a good night's sleep when my SO comes home from work. My boy was 5 weeks at the time. I straight faced "what're you talking about? (Kid's name) sleeps pretty good tbh. I get at least 6 hours of sleep before he wakes me up at night."

The look on his face when he realized my little monster and his little monster are two totally different kids was priceless.

All babies are good babies. Not all babies are the sams.

@darrelv I do. And I am very thankful. As long as he continues gaining weight like he's supposed to and eats enough while awake, im not going to fuss over it. It was just nice to have something to de-smug my brother with.

@richardnm I saw someone else on here recommended the passive aggressive response of, “oh, it sounds like this is really hard for you.” It’s obviously the nuclear option and cuts to the core, but you can just keep it in your back pocket.

@richardnm This really bothered me too. I have a 13 month old and am pregnant with number 2 and have found myself catching those words before they come out of my mouth to new parents.

It’s hard cause I mean it as like.. your about to enter all the joys… and hardships of parenthood… but it’s awesome. But it sure doesn’t feel that way on the other end.

Parenthood is so challenging. It’s fun to be able to share it with other parents and it’s exciting to see others enter the wacky and wonderful world.

@richardnm I agree, the “get ready” comments get old fast. Speaking as an older sister to three brothers, I kind of wonder if he’s just trying to bond with you in his own weird way though. He’s probably just excited you’re joining the parents club and doesn’t know how else to communicate it. Still annoying tho😜

@richardnm Just to offer my anecdotal experience...I have 3 kids and none have ever pulled the TP off the roll. If they did, I'd probably just close the bathroom, since toddlers don't really do doorknobs and don't need free access to bathrooms until they can pee without help.

I definitely don't like painting though :p though I love that new paint smell...

@richardnm My aunt has custody of her granddaughter, and she’s at that age where she has fits sometimes or asks for toys when we go out. My aunt always says “ThIs Is WhAt YoU HaVe To LoOk FoRwArD tO.”

It just makes me realize that I’m gonna have more patience for a child than she does.