Would a 10 hour drive be ridiculous with a 2 month old?

effervescenteye

We're visiting my partner's family for Christmas, we would normally make the 10 hour drive but we're considering flying seeing as we have the baby. The baby will be 2 months at the time of the drive, what do people think? Has anyone done this?

@bradjoe96 It's going to be a lot longer than 10 hours driving even without a baby. You've got reinforcement with you. You'll be fine. Prepare and plan...you just may have a GREAT time!

@effervescenteye Yes.

Your drive there is going to suck, but unless you're getting absolutely pampered that whole stay spa-style, the drive back is probably going to be even worse.

I took my almost 3 month old on a ski weekend with my husband. My husband ski'ed and I hung out in a resort and essentially did nothing, and it was still exhausting. Being away from the amenities at home with a tiny baby and trying to settle a baby in a way that disturbs other people as little as possible is tiring. We drove there and back; without a baby, that drive is 5 hours. By the time we made it home, I was seriously contemplating divorce.

Maybe some people out there have unicorn babies or thrive in chaos, but I think for most people, those first few months should be reserved for rest, not travel.