When did you send your only to preschool?

@magdalenab Mine started a mmo three hours 2 days a week at 18 months. It’s been great for both of us. She learns a ton, has social time and I have time to fold laundry, chill, have a bit of a social life.

@magdalenab My daughter started attending center based care at 18 months, and they moved her into a preschool classroom at 3. But they didn't have a super academic curriculum. I didn't see her learn to read or write in any meaningful way until last year, when she was in first grade. It was a Montessori inspired school, so as others have said, there was an emphasis on doing things like zipping a jacket, opening a snack, toileting independently, etc.

She's in second grade now, and fortunately doesn't have homework, but I am constantly gobsmacked by what she's learning. She's easily a year ahead of where I was as a kid, just because the curriculum moves faster these days. They're starting to jump into division and fractions, which is crazy to me, but she seems excited.

@magdalenab I'm shocked kids are going to preschool at 3 years old! Here in Canada (or maybe Quebec 🤔) the minimum age is 4 and the common age is 5. I'm gonna wait until 5.