The new Titanium Always Pan Pro. Do we think it’s truly coating-free and safe?

@bmillerware Titanium is much harder than cast iron and would be more likely to scratch your cooktop. I really am tempted to try this pan. My cast iron just sticks so easily. I want to be able to steam saute. You can't do that in cast iron without ruining the seasoning. My stainless pans all warped. I also have an electric glass cooktop. Pans have to be perfectly flat or the heat does not transfer. Maybe I will try the Tramontina as one person commented. $195 plus tax is a lot to pay for a pan that might suck.

@bmillerware What I am reading is that it is a tri-ply pan - stainless outside, aluminum core, and titanium cooking surface. The idea is that the aluminum conducts the heat and keeps it even. In its own titanium would be a garbage pan. The claims about hardness are probably true. You could scrub titanium with steel wool and not do much damage. As far as safety, solid titanium is super bio-friendly. A lot of medical implants are made of Ti because it is safe for the body. I’m not sure about the non-stick claims…surface engineering is voodoo to me. I use stainless steel with a copper core. If you use it properly, sticking is not an issue. If you make eggs drunk, there is a good chance you have a soak and scrub job in your future…

@sinnersavedbyjesus Bravo.
The only smart and intuitive response in this thread so far!. Can’t believe conspiracy theories are now carrying over to cookware lol.

Titanium is absolutely safe.. so is the technology. I’m buying these pans. I’m over spending money on all the non stick pans on the market that only remain non stick for a very shorty period time and having to avoid high heat for searing.. I have spent my a fortune over the years. And anyone who has ever had shards off Teflon or various other coatings coming off slowly from cheap archaic non stick cookware can testify to the fact that we eat more of it than remains on the pan during its lifespan. These pans may not be cheap but then again if they are as good as they claim they will only be selling them to you once in your lifetime. I have to replace most of my current go too’s every 12 months or so. … not exactly economical!

@bmillerware NoCo means there's no coating due to the pattern that allows the surface to be hydrophobic, which creates the nonstick effect.

Hydrophobic: is the physical property of a molecule that is seemingly repelled from a mass of water.

NoCo™ (short for "no coating") nonstick technology works by applying a micro, dot-like pattern to a durable titanium surface, leaving behind a textured, debossed surface. This pattern is inspired by the lotus effect and makes the surface naturally hydrophobic, which creates a nonstick effect.

FormNoCo™ nonstick works because of the form it takes, with a micro, dot-like pattern that's invisible to the naked eye.

@bmillerware So I can’t speak to the chemicals or science of how it works. But I will say it’s become our favorite pan, I cook in it 3 times a day!! My favorites before had been cast iron, caraway and a frok wok. And yes, eggs come out beautifully in it, and it sears salmon perfectly.