The new Philips avent nipples are terrible

@melody5697 Same here. Baby will only drink from the old style level 3 nipples. He struggles to get anything from even the level 5 new style nipples. So frustrating

@melody5697 I saw they had been replaced at retailers, but it seemed like you could still order the old kind off Phillips’ website. Has anyone tried that?

It’s not going to be an issue for me for months, since my next baby isn’t due till summer, but I’ll be pissed if I can’t get them at all.

@melody5697 So glad to come across this post today. LO is three weeks old and we’ve had such varying experience with these nipples I feel like I’m going insane. First I didn’t understand that I was supposed to be lining up the vent and notch. That made a big difference in performance. Then we bought more #1 size and we went back to a frustrated baby who never seemed to get anything out of the bottle after lots of sucking. How is everyone telling the difference between the new and old versions? The ones we like have a rectangle shaped vent and the ones we just got have an oval. Also the ones we like have a Roman number 1 and the others have a traditional 1. I have spent so much time on the Philips website trying to understand all of this and new versions of the nipples would seem to make sense. Wishing we wouldn’t have gotten in so deep with the avent bottles at this point!

@scarletz Avent Natural, like this?

Thanks for the info btw, came across your comment last week and spent a while digging it back up, my LO is pretty gassy lately so trying all kinds of things to help.

Just edited my autocorrect typo ha

@melody5697 Just wasted money on these. The 1 on the new ones are basically plugged. So stupid. 2 months old can’t get anything out of any of the new ones. They pretend like it was science, but they just made a cheaper product to increase their margins.

@melody5697 I really Do Not like these bottles!!! It happened to me!! My baby would not finish his bottle and I got so frustrated with the situation, I thought my baby was only using the bottle as pacifier. Then I realized this bottle was not giving him anything! The nipple was too slow and he tried but nothing came out! Even if the nipple was the only problem, these bottles really ruined my day and the baby schedule. I received this bottle as a sample and tossed after 1 use!!! DO NOT BUY THIS

Back