The ever-present vehicle question; what to buy?

@katrina2017 Everything you said about Toyota is on point. I had a Toyota truck years ago and that thing was super reliable and easy to do major repairs on. I was considering the Toyota Tundra before we got the twin news. I'll also checkout the Highlander.

@rmbinsb Problem with lots of SUVs is that it's difficult/impossible to access the third row if the middle row is populated with car seats. The only SUV we could find with a 2nd row seat mechanism that allowed for access to the 3rd row when the seats are occupied is the Nissan Pathfinder (and Infiniti QX60). Those SUVs don't require the middle row to fold, they instead slide and tilt. I tested out the Honda Pilot (new and last gen), Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer and the Hyundai Santa Fe XL.

@rmbinsb We wanted to test drive it because it was rated in the top category for safety in a family vehicle in its class--definitely at least worth checking out :)

@rmbinsb I thought I was being cool with my Dodge Durango - the seats fit in it, it worked (great in the snow - it's the one thing I miss). But in all honesty, when someone rear-ended me (alone!) and we had to get a mini-van, it was an amazing difference in comfort and convenince for everyone.

Suck it up. Get a mini-van. I have two now (Dodge Grand Caravan and Chryselyer Town & Country - Thanks mom!). Do it. Fuck people who judge. They can't hit each other! Let that sink in.

@rmbinsb Keep in mind if you want to fit 2x infant bucket style seats with a convertible (even a narrow one like the Diono Radian) in one row, lots of vehicles are unable. I tried out a 2015 Explorer with 2x Britax B-Safe and 1x rear-facing Diono Radian RXT all in the middle row and they did not fit (they shouldn't be leaning on eachother).

@rmbinsb Our second vehicle is an Infiniti. The kids don't go in that car. It's the car my husband takes to work. No room for all three kids and their car seats. :)

@rmbinsb I have a Ford Fusion and my wife has a Kia Soul. I'm starting to be concerned that the Fusion will be too small. I bought it with the intention of having a family but that was before we got pregnant and never even fathomed having twins at the time. Anyone manage in a mid-side sedan with twins?

Back