So...An Update on Our Twins

@hannahjane My girls were both at 34+5. We had a week long nicu stay, just for feeding. Now, they are 4 months! It's been the roughest couple of months, but we got through it just fine. It's a few nights of lost sleep, a few weeks of yelling at your partner, and other fun stuff. But sooner than you think, you will all settle into a routine.

I remember constantly checking this sub for everything. Most questions have been asked already, I just had to search whatever doubt I had and instantly I had pages of helpful tips and ideas.

So congrats and welcome to the club!

@hannahjane Congrats!! We had di/di boys on 5/21. We also had a NICU stay, with baby A coming home first. I highly recommend trying to keep them on the feeding schedule they have/had in the NICU, if possible. It helps a lot!

The first few days with them both home will seem a little hectic, but you’ll get into a routine before you know it! :)

@martinsg Second the nicu feeding schedule! Just went through something similar, twin A came home 10 days before B. If you do want to change it for any reason I’d wait until both are home. Congratulations!

Thank you for your honesty and candor. We will be sleep training, as well—according to my wife. I totally get it—for us to keep them at their absolute best, we need to be (as close as humanly possible) at our best...or that’s the plan. Tbd.

Back