Scented v. Unscented wipes

vxf91

How do you test and see if your LO can tolerate scented baby wipes? Our daughter is 8 weeks old and has used unscented wipes since birth, but my mom bought us a huge box of “baby fresh” scented pampers wipes that I didn’t realize were scented until tonight. I don’t want to test them on her during a diaper change, seems like some sensitive areas to irritate if we don’t have to.

We’ve accidentally washed her clothes with our laundry detergent instead of the “free and clear” kind and she hasn’t had any reactions to that, so maybe she’ll be fine? First time dad here so just want to make sure she’ll be okay.

@vxf91 Whyyyyy does anything need to be scented? I’m just against anything extra like that. Our toilet paper isn’t scented lol. It’s just unnecessary but I’d probably try them out if they were free.

@vxf91 Got some lightly scented ones before realising water wipes were a thing, just going to use them later on when baby is a bit older instead of on his newborn skin. Perhaps you could do the same, use them later on.

Back