Scented v. Unscented wipes

vxf91

How do you test and see if your LO can tolerate scented baby wipes? Our daughter is 8 weeks old and has used unscented wipes since birth, but my mom bought us a huge box of “baby fresh” scented pampers wipes that I didn’t realize were scented until tonight. I don’t want to test them on her during a diaper change, seems like some sensitive areas to irritate if we don’t have to.

We’ve accidentally washed her clothes with our laundry detergent instead of the “free and clear” kind and she hasn’t had any reactions to that, so maybe she’ll be fine? First time dad here so just want to make sure she’ll be okay.

@vxf91 Whyyyyy does anything need to be scented? I’m just against anything extra like that. Our toilet paper isn’t scented lol. It’s just unnecessary but I’d probably try them out if they were free.

@vxf91 Got some lightly scented ones before realising water wipes were a thing, just going to use them later on when baby is a bit older instead of on his newborn skin. Perhaps you could do the same, use them later on.

@vxf91 My baby didn’t react to them when bought accidentally and has sensitive skin but omg my postpartum nose could not handle them and they were revolting to me. For some ridiculous reason Pampers diapers are also “lightly” scented so if she can tolerate those I’d assume the baby wipes would be okay. But you can always make use of the wipes as hand wipes for yourselves and quick spill cleanups if you don’t want to risk.

@vxf91 We use the water wipes, I think it's literally just water with citric acid not all the other crap they have. Part of me thinks if they were free, give it a whirl and see what happens but the other part says don't use scented stuff with lots of ingredients that could potentially make her skin react.

@dpax1231 That’s what I think too. I don’t want to seem ungrateful or for them to go to waste, but I also don’t want to risk irritating her skin if we don’t have to.

Back