Saved my daughters life when she was a baby

@stignatius From wiki in the context of Swedish king Charles XII in exile needing a representative:

"The (Swedish) Parliamentary Ombudsman is the institution that the Scandinavian countries subsequently developed into its contemporary form, and which subsequently has been adopted in many other parts of the world."

However this may be a great question for the folks over at r/askhistorians

@stignatius Smorgasbord is another recent Swedish loanword into English. And gravlax.

Then there's a whole slew of older loanwords, of course, a natural consequence of living on a set of isles right outside Viking country.

@oscuro Yeah; I've learned, when dealing with large (or moderately large) companies, Google the higher-ups.

You can find an email of someone up just high enough.

You'd be amazed at how many CEOs (for mid-sized companies) and regional / area overseers read their emails. And if you make it nice but stern, they listen.

@moialiceme I learned something a long time ago that could be extremely useful. Anytime a Doctor doesn't take my requests seriously, or wants to discharge me without me feeling comfortable it's important to say "ok no problem, please make a note in my chart that I asked for such and such and you decided that it was unnecessary"

@princesse2012 Yeah, but that doesn't give you anything. Even if it's not there in the chart, you see it's not there, and you confront the doctor, they can still write in whatever they want. At that point, you should just find another physician who will address your concerns.