Recs for an easy to use carrier?

aurelia7

I have an ergo 360 and I’m expecting baby #3. Baby #1 was 9lbs 3oz and couldn’t do the carrier because of his gas issues. Baby 2 was 10lbs 3oz and didn’t mind the ergo 360, but I don’t love it. I feel like with all of the straps and ways to adjust, that it rarely feels secure and comfortable. Plus, my husband and I are very different builds so it’s not easy to trade off. (Since I’d like to get another carrier anyway, maybe designating one for him and one for me is the answer anyway). Anyone have a carrier they love that may be helpful?

@aurelia7 My first baby was 8 lb 13 oz, second was 10 lb 12 oz. They’re 14 months apart. I have a very short torso and my partner has a very long torso.

Stretchy wrap carriers are my favourite for the newborn stage. I basically had one on my body at all times for 10 weeks and just tightened it as needed throughout the day and popped baby in and out as needed.

Ring slings have a learning curve in the beginning, but if you get the hang of them they can be such a quick and easy carrier to use. Both my partner and I reached for our ring sling on a daily basis.

My partner did use a Sakura Bloom Scout for inward facing front carry a few times with our second baby and didn’t mind it, but neither of us like how difficult it is to get in and out of with the rings. If I could redo that purchase, I’d get a Hope & Plum Lark or maybe a Happy Baby OG. I’m just not a fan of how any soft structured carrier or apron style carriers sit on my curvy frame and short torso, so I only really used the Scout for back carry.

Takes some practice, but a meh-dai/wrap-tai style carrier switches between partners with no adjustments needed and is so comfy to wear.

@mark7871 Here's a sneak peek of /r/2under2 using the top posts of the year!

#1: He was the thing our family was missing this whole time.

#2: To the new 2under2 parents:

#3: This story is for the parent friends of ours who just get it.

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]GitHub[/sup][/sup]

@aurelia7 What about a half buckle like the didyklick? (Lenny lamb makes great ones, too. Highly adjustable between the wearers without any hassle. You adjust the panel to the kid, that's it. When putting it on, you click the waist buckle and tighten the shoulder straps with a knot. Done. Front carry, hip carry, early high back carry. Mine could still fit the original when she was almost three.

Back