R.I.P. THE TABLET 2020-2020

lcr0111

Thank you kids tablet, for all your sacrifices for my child's entertainment. All the bumps and bruises were worth it, just to hear you play the little baby bum intro on a car ride. You kept my child distracted when I needed to do things. You led me to my success. Thank you, you will be missed. The new tablet that's in the mail now will be no match to what we had. Rest peacefully on the side of the road somewhere, I'm sorry for leaving you on top of the car.

Send liquor y'all. Why am I sentimental over a tablet.

@lcr0111 This was funny, I'm glad you have a new one coming.

Make sure you disconnect the missing one from all services if possible, so if it does get picked up no one will have access to your stuff. :)

@lcr0111 My son just got an Amazon Fire Tablet for his birthday a month ago and I would feel the same freaking way if I did that. Thing is a god send.

@lcr0111 Did the exact same thing. Made my husband drive up and down the country highway and he found it. It was destroyed. Called amazon and they replaced it free and put a credit on my account to buy another protector for it.

@sarinkyuuen Amazon are so good, my kindle went haywire and I thought it was entirely possible someone has stood on it but didn’t witness it so didn’t know, so I contacted Amazon and they sent me a new one free of charge.

@jnhermann I did that with my phone a couple weeks ago. We stopped off for a second, I left the phone on the car, realized what I did. We turned around and went back to the exit and played the Find My pinging sound and found it. My $5 wish phone case saved it from being destroyed. I lost the cool little owl thing on the front but if that’s what took the brunt of the impact and saved the screen, I am forever grateful to it haha.

@tudorgothicserpent Unfortunately you have to have the damn thing to send it in and get a new one. Mine is probably in the arms of a child who's parents found it on the side of the road or at a pawn shop somewhere. Or in the bay. Who knows.

@lcr0111 I am upgrading our tablet soon. I was strongly considering trading it in but I think I’ll keep it as a backup for when I inevitably do the exact same thing.

Thanks for the laugh, and takin one for the team!

@submariner Please keep it! Funny story, I have an ipad mini that I've had since highschool, and I finally found it and tried to use as the replacement tablet. I can't remember which vulgar word I used for it's password, so it's completely locked out. I tried restoring it, it's not restoring. Now it's completely locked and not capable of being used. Called my mom to tell her, and she goes "oh! The password is 'DICKS' not just 'dick'" that's the moment I just gave up and ordered a new tablet. I cannot today.

@submariner I'd keep it as well. We use an old tablet as a white noise machine for our toddler. We just downloaded a free white noise app, turned off the WiFi (otherwise it loads ads), and it works amazingly.

@submariner We upgraded our tablet from a Fire (It's probably 4ish years old now so it was about done anyway) to a Samsung TabA. I wanted something that would play more games even though my son mostly uses it to watch youtube. We still have the Fire though. We use it to play music mostly.

Back