Pregnancy scare after protected sex

anonymousduck

I had safe sex w my bf on April 1 and it was our first time, 4 days before my period, he was thrusting deep inside of me. He used a condom and came outside of me with it still on, we didn't check for leaks and tears but he's sure that it didn't break. Also, I am not on pills. April, day of my period: I got dark red + brown heavy flow on the first day in the morning and it got lighter and lighter, it did not smell like my period too. I got scared if it was implantation bleeding so I took ECP yuzpe method in the afternoon (Lady pills hormonal contraceptives-l had no prescription) (4pills-after12hours-4pills). My period normally lasts 3-5 days. But now its just full brown discharge.. I am also feeling very tired, my neck is palpitating uncontrollably and my heart beat is really fast and I can't seem to stop worrying. My stomach also feels weird like i'm bloated.. Am I pregnant? Please, l am scared and not ready. Any thoughts? Sorry for the long read.

@anonymousduck Implantation bleeding is a misnomer, there’s more info in the automod.

If you used a condom the entire time you had sex and it did not break(you would notice), there was essentially no risk of pregnancy. The yuzpe was unnecessary and will likely disrupt your cycle. A delayed cycle and irregular bleeding are some of the most common side effects of yuzpe.

There’s not really a reason to test, but if it would ease your mind, a test will be mostly accurate 2 weeks after the last time you had sex and definitive after 3 weeks.

@anonymousduck @donaldbjohnson described it well above - there was no risk and Yuzpe was unnecessary - your symptoms are from the big dose of birth control. It would be too early for any pregnancy symptoms at this point too, but again you have no risk of pregnancy