Parent facing jogging stroller

dknapier54

I found an orbit version on Nordstrom that's very pricey and was not able to find a jogger that had parent facing option that's less expensive during Google search. Does one exist that's not too pricey? Also , is it a good idea or should my kid be facing other way due to the nature of running? Sleepy, and posting , because this has been on my mind for while. If it's a silly q, pls be gentle! Also
Any tips on running with baby on jogger stroller? Want to get back into running. Thx!

@dknapier54 Mountain Buggy (a few of their models do). We have the Terrain. The frame and wheels are fantastic - insanely sturdy, manoeuvres so easily on any surface, folds up relatively easily (it’s a smooth process but benefits from having a second hand free). Front wheel locks for jogging. Great brakes as well, including a hand one for going down hills. I’ve used a number of other strollers and can’t get over how solid (and yet lightweight) this thing is.

However - the parent facing seat is less than meh, and honestly of shocking quality in comparison to the rest of the stroller. The awning is only up or down (no middle adjustments, no mesh sides, no ability to pull further than 90 degrees forward) and takes 2 hands to put up or down, and the seat is sort of a thin fabric with no real structure (it’s kind of a hammock). I don’t mind the harness clips themselves, those are good. Taking the parent facing seat on and off (which you have to do to fold it up) and adjusting the angle is frustrating as well, not a great design.

It also has a bassinet - same awning, and not great for summer (no openings around the side for air), but it is certified sleep safe, which I found comforting. I found it really useful for long walks in the early days.

Haven’t used the front facing seat yet, but from what I tested at the store, it’s a totally different story - good quality, adjustable, different sun cover that has all the expected features (can you tell I live in Australia with my obsession with the sun covers 😂), etc.

I’ve been looking for an alternative for ages - an all terrain stroller (not necessarily jogging for me, it’s more about rough sidewalks and dirt trails) with a good parent facing seat - and have had 0 luck sadly 😕.

@johng1993 Will look into the mountain buggy! And best of luck too in finding an all terrain stroller with good parent facing, it’s neat to read that someone else wants parent facing too :)

@dknapier54 Parent-facing joggers aren't common (three-wheeled strollers typically do not have detachable/convertible seats so it's rare to find one that has a parent-facing option), but there are some that have optional bassinets for running with baby before 6 months. Thule and Uppababy I know for sure have bassinets for their joggers. My friend is an avid runner and has used the Thule Urban Glide for two kids and loved it, but I'm very much not a runner so I can't speak to it personally lol.

@jew2555 You can use the bassinet on a jogging stroller to have the baby parent face for the first few months, but you shouldn't run with a baby under 6 months, and you should definitely not run with a baby in a bassinet. They're completely unrestrained in there, and running around with a loose baby would be very unsafe.

Back