pack n play safe sleep?

@ihadavision No they didn't say šŸ˜” It does sound difficult! I was hoping by waiting until she outgrows the bassinet she'll be kinda sitting instead of laying when it's time to get out of the pack n play (which seemed easier for picking her up), but I guess that won't always be the case

@crossbearer007 They are safe.

My baby has been in one from the first night and still is at 15 months.

We will likely go toddler bed this summer or fall but she likes it as it is so far !

@gladysrivera We have the guava lotus! We've been using the bassinet part, although we immediately found out that the rocking legs allowed our newborn to roll over - very nerve-wracking and makes me frustrated with the company, because it makes sense when you think about the physics of it. Still, without the rocking legs, it works very well and can still rock a little by swinging the mattress.

@crossbearer007 My understanding is you only have to transition out of the bassinet if they reach the weight/height limit of the bassinet or if they show signs of pushing up on hands and knees or sitting up. You might still have time left in the bassinet unless you just want to transition out.

@crossbearer007 I asked this Question to the Lullaby Trust here in the UK as I donā€™t want to buy a Cot since I want to transition into a floor bed, but my Daughter is about to outgrow her next2me and is still on Oxygen, so I do need her ā€œcontainedā€ for the time being.

They said that a travel Cot is considered safe to sleep as long as all safe sleep guidelines are followed like in a cot bed. I have even looked into proper mattresses for it, but am undecided about it for now.

@silversun Careful about changing out the mattress. Pack n plays have thin ones on purpose because the mesh sides are soft, and with a squishier mattress, babies can get stuck in the space between the mattress and the side and suffocate. Real cribs can have thicker mattresses because the sides are rigid and babies can't easily slide between the mattress and the sides.

@silversun Iā€™m using the bugaboo and itā€™s honestly amazing. The mattress it comes with is pretty good, even the health visitor was very happy with it and said itā€™s one of the better mattresses sheā€™s seen with these things.

@crossbearer007 Totally depends on the country. Health Canada recently updated their regulations for playards and manufacturers didnā€™t all upgrade the products to meet the requirements. Theyā€™ve also recently started to include notes about if they are used for sleeping, how to use them.

If the manufacturer indicates itā€™s not safe for sleep in Canada, follow that as there is a reason for it.

If youā€™re in Canada, let me know and Iā€™ll link you to some of my comments yesterday regarding this.

@lizmoshes I'm in Canada and would love to learn more about this. We have a bassinet that we plan to use for overnight sleep (the Iora one) in our room, but I have the Graco pack and play "on the go" version that I plan to set up in the living room so that I can pop her into the bassinet section after feeding/paying with her etc instead of always bringing her to the bedroom

Back