Nursing clothes that I can actually go out in

I’m 4 months postpartum. I don’t leave the house much. When I do, it’s in baggy sweatpants and a loose maternity top (so I can easily pull it up/down to nurse in). It’s winter so I can throw a long jacket over whatever I wear. Usually I don’t even wear a bra.

Warmer weather is coming. I’d like to be comfortable but stylish. I have no idea what’s in style. But I need something comfortable to nurse in. I’m also big chested, so I don’t feel comfortable showing cleavage. I also haven’t lost my belly fat either.

My loose pants/shorts fit me. But jeans don’t fit at all. Tops don’t fit at all either because my chest is so large. I just feel frumpy and like a big blob.

Any suggestions for clothes and/or nice bras that are easy to nurse in?

Edit: tank tops show way too much cleavage for me. I’m at least a size G cup. I feel too exposed with tank tops.

@alwaysfaithful18 I’m a G/H cup and I bought a loose fitting button down tank. Minimal cleavage depending on the buttons, it has a hidden button so it doesn’t pop open, it’s light and “flowy”, and easy to undo a couple buttons and do back up…..AND I don’t feel grumpy in it and I have a belly too.

@alwaysfaithful18 My absolute favorite thing to wear postpartum was this nursing romper from Latched Mama (they call it a "momper," which is terrible, but just ignore that). It's stretchy, flowy, and actually cute. And you don't have to coordinate tops and bottoms.

The nursing maxi dresses from Nursing Queen and Old Navy tend to be pretty cute. And you can also find good deals by shopping secondhand on Poshmark.

@alwaysfaithful18 I have a merino sleeveless breastfeeding top and they are fantastic. When I’m not pregnant I’m a DD, but I’m at least an F at the moment, and I look fine in it. It’s summer here and I’m finding it nice and breathable. But because it’s merino it’ll also be warm in winter. I have two that I rotate and pretty much just wear them all day and night with a pair of shorts or longer pants. Have gone to cafes and the shops in them and have had no problems.

Not sure where in the world you’re based, but I got the top from here: https://littleturtle.co.nz/collections/womans-tops/products/womans-merino-breastfeeding-singlet

@alwaysfaithful18 I'm a 14FF/G and 4 months PP I find anything elasticated on the top is great like shirring, or lose elasticated playsuits! Otherwise it's buttons downs for tops or I wear crop tops with leggings or shorts as we are in summer still in Australia. I also pair the cropped tops with maxi skirts too. I also haven't lost my tummy either but I just have no care what others think now after I've had my second and I know it'll go away slowly as it took 9 months to stretch and grow to home my bubbas each time! I was 13/14months PP when I fell pregnant with #2 and still had a "mum tum". So don't be hard on yourself! You grew and housed them it won't disappear quickly

@alwaysfaithful18 I got some flattering nursing tanks tops from kindred bravely on Poshmark for super cheap. The neckline goes to the collarbone and it flairs a bit around the stomach area. It has a panel you can pull up for feeding. Kindred Bravely, Latched Mama, Nursing Queen, and H&M all have some affordable and modest options. Hatch, Ingrid and Isabel and Seraphine all have super cute options but they’re on the pricier side. I’ve also gotten some really cute tops at old navy that aren’t explicitly for nursing but work really well.

Edit to add: have you used the two shirt method? Wear a nursing tank under a normal shirt so that when it is time to nurse you can pull up your shirt and your stomach won’t be exposed.

@alwaysfaithful18 With my first I had to buy new clothes while nursing for all the same reasons you just mentioned. It was difficult but I found things at goodwill that made me feel cute but were loose-fitting and had easy access to boobs. I wish I had better advice. Aside from those few cute outfits I wore nothing but t shirts and comfy pants. I’ve found that most nursing clothes are even uglier than pregnancy clothes—unless you are willing to spend hundreds.

@alwaysfaithful18 My area of cali gets super toasty during the summer.
I plan to wear nursing tank tops and different 'kimono' shrugs.
The shrugs can double as a feeding barrier should i need it.

@alwaysfaithful18 Button up shirts!! I have a few linen ones that I pair with shorts, throw over leggings or wear open with a singlet underneath. I never really wear nursing clothes, I pull my bra or tank top down and lift up my shirt to pop a boob out. In public I have a muslin wrap I throw over my shoulder, but a button up shirt does the trick too. It’s so hard finding a mum style and honestly I never did while my boobs were huge. They dropped a few sizes by one year and it helped a lot. Good luck!

@alwaysfaithful18 I like bearsland tanks from Amazon/walmart. They have some that are flowy in the belly in a way that was flattering postpartum for me. There are various styles depending on what you want.

I like lift up access, dislike side access, abhor lifting up an entire shirt. Everyone varies on that.

@alwaysfaithful18 I live in a hot climate (northern Australia). I have a couple of nursing tees but my absolute go to is a nursing singlet and linen shorts around the house. When I leave the house I throw a loose linen long sleeve button up shirt over the top.

Stylish? I mean in a mum way I guess? It’s a step up from like jogging shorts and baggy tees. Comfortable? Yes Cool? Yes Forgiving on the body postpartum? Yes