NB stash, ISO good home

Hello, clothies! I posted here some months ago about my first world problem complex in letting go of perfectly good diapers when I can't control if the people on the other end will actually commit to cloth or not. If I had unlimited time and money, I'd probably just do therapy. But since "unlimited time and money" is laughable, instead I will do my best to control the outcome before I let go of the diapers I'm not using anymore. This stash is crazy; it is used and well-loved; it is glorious; it is both embarrassing and impressive. I want to find someone who will see the glimmer of utility in the diaps I can no longer use.

I have 30 newborn diapers with 13 covers that I pulled together for a coworker. Mostly hand-me-downs, but some I went out and bought (second hand) for the sake of having a sortof complete set. She did not end up using cloth at all. I kindly asked if she was willing to return the diapers, and she was happy to do so. Now I turn to y'all, because I can't stand the thought of perfectly useful diapers, especially those that can only be used for a few weeks on a tiny babe, going to waste simply because they are a little worn and hodge-podge. I would be thrilled to send them on to someone who is enthusiastic about and committed to cloth for their newborn.

The stash I have is worn, not fancy brands, and actually not something I would consider donating to a diaper bank; I've worked in enough nonprofits to feel strongly that I don't want to give worn things to those in need -- I want to give the best, awesome, new stuff. However, I select mostly used things for me and my family, and I know there are others out there who are not concerned with a few stains or some threadbare edges; going used by choice is great, but being forced into it is not my goal.

That said, here is what I'm offering:

4 kissaluvs NB contoured diaps (can use a snappi or just lay in a cover)

1 Imse Vimse NB contoured

1 thirsties microfiber fitted

16 kisseluvs size 0 fitted -- 2 in excellent condition, 4 in good condition, and 10 in fair/poor condition. The fair/poor is because they were aggressively stripped and/or dried before I go them, and some of the terry cloth is completely worn away. The snaps and elastics are fine, and they are still absorbent enough for pee as well as poop-containing masters. I never had a problem using them with my baby up to about 8 weeks.

8 NB prefolds

2 snappis

3 NB prowrap covers (awesome shape)

1 preemie prowrap cover (awesome shape)

2 thirsties NB worn velcro covers

2 bummis NB covers, one worn velcro one newish snap

1 Bambino Mio NB cover, good condition

1 Nikki 0-3m wool cover with velcro closure, good condition

1 Stacinator NB wool snap cover. Pretty small, unsure if this is useful, as I had it for both of my kids but barely used it.

This is basically a 2-day supply. If you are planning to to wash every 1.5 days and machine-dry, it could be all you need (though you still can and should hang the covers dry, as there are so many). If you want to line-dry everything, it's probably 2/3 to 1/2 of what you would need to account for drying time.

PM me if you're interested. I would LOVE to pass these on to someone who a) knows they're using cloth (have used it extensively before, knows what they're doing, knows they can't make disposables work for some reason) b) needs free stuff and c) doesn't have a baby yet, as most of this stuff won't fit beyond 3 months.

PM me if you're interested; I promise there's not much resale value here, so only people who are planning to USE it please :) Shipping reimbursement would be appreciated (I would estimate approx $20 within the US).

Edit: I've had plenty of responses, so while I love hearing from y'all, I'm now at risk of buying more diapers just so I can spread the love. You guys are all awesome!

@garrettthecarrot We're interested if it's still available. We're committed to cloth but with out current stash (or lack thereof) we're going to have to use disposables until LO is out of newborn sizing. We're also planning on multiple children so they will be well used and well loved.

Actually no I'm not because I'm new to reddit and I have no idea how to message you. I'll keep trying to figure this out.

Actually no I'm not because I'm new to reddit and I have no idea how to message you. I'll keep trying to figure this out.

Actually no I'm not because I'm new to reddit and I have no idea how to message you. I'll keep trying to figure this out -.-

Actually no I'm not because I'm new to reddit and I have no idea how to message you. I'll keep trying to figure this out -.-

Back