My baby is 12 months. Can I fall asleep with her in my arms now?

@markeita I’ve been doing this lately with my 13 mo who has been sick and congested. floor bed but I will prop him up in my arms head against my shoulder. No extra pillows and the one under my head tucked just barely under my head to the side he’s on. He rolls away when he’s had enough and it lightly wakes me up so it feels ok. I would personally not do extra pillows to prop when they are mobile but that’s just a gut feeling

@pshreve haha! ugh see my problem is that she is fine to roll away, but then she'll just fidget and reposition herself over and over again like she's uncomfortable. On nights like these, she just seems like she's in too much discomfort to sleep anywhere other than in mine or her dad's arms

@pshreve it didn't help :(( i ended up having to stack meds and gave tylenol several hours later, which finally helped. idk what was hurting her though!

@markeita My 12 month old has been moving around a lot in her sleep. The other day she sat up and then plopped down on my chest. I try to move her back to the bed when I can but she is very active and will find herself in wild positions.

@markeita I don’t know if this will work for you, but I’ve been sleeping with my 9 month old daughter in a way that keeps her a bit upright, close to me and feels safe. Now I hope I can paint a good word picture for you… I’m in the middle of our queen size bed, half up against a pillow, slouched down and with hips tilted to the side. My daughter has her butt on the matras and her head on my upper hip. I then put a second pillow next to me so I can rest my head on there and get some sleep. It feels kind of like a half-upright C-curl, with baby up against me horizontally. Let me know if this makes sense ;)

Back