My 9 months old twins have taken over my job as human garbage can…they demolish whatever the 3 and 5 yo don’t eat

bonitadan

Whoever says “food before 1, just for fun” has not met my boys. They are hangry monsters. 3 gigantic meals a day, plus I think we are approaching the need for snacks. And still breastfeeding multiple times a day!

Maybe the dad bod will slowly fade due to reduced caloric intake from the older kids’ plates? A guy can dream.

@inquisitivesoul Both the dog and I

I’m crying. I can imagine my dog forcing you to type this. Those kids can eat, holy cow. The both of them were able to share a Dr Oetker pizza and finish this thing together when they were 1 year old.

@bonitadan 😂

We don’t have older kids but I can relate. My twins ate MONSTER SIZED meals until about 18mo. And they would eat pretty much any- and everything we gave them. Now they’re down to regular sized toddler portions

@bonitadan Mercy eats like it is her job. She is very intent. John eats well now, but when he started he had to be chivvied along to get even a little bit down. He is the one who was in the NICU twice as long because of feeding problems. So even at birth he'd rather sleep than eat. He's somehow the bigger twin.

@bonitadan My girls are two and they still eat like they are starving. They love bread and blueberries and that’s all they ask for. We just went to a thanksgiving party and they ate soooo fucking much.

@bonitadan My 8 month old (yesterday!!) twins ramped up their solid food consumption just in time to bring their a-game to Thanksgiving. They sat at the dinner table happily for almost two hours (!!!) just eating this’n’that while all the grownups had Thanksgiving dinner. A month ago they barely ate solid food at all.

My littler twin (still in single percentiles for weight) in particular is phenomenal. He just goes.

@bonitadan My boys are the same way and they’ve loved food since they got their first taste. Everything I read said that appetite might reduce at about 12 months…nope, we had to introduce morning and afternoon snack. I swear they’d never stop eating if I let them XD

@bonitadan Last week at breakfast, my five year old daughter had 1 eggo waffle for breakfast, I had 3 and my son had 6. On the way to school, he asked for a banana because he was hungry.

I am terrified for the teenage years.