5 months old still waking up 2x to be fed

@clarinetscore Sounds good. My LO is so interested in foods. That soon she’ll be 6 months. I will slowly
Introduce food for fun and play around with it. Like every bite I take she’s watching and opening her mouth and copying me basically. So I assume weaning will start soon slowly of course. Just to try different flavors. I’m nervous and excited about it

Edit: same to you. If nights is the calories intake. So be it.

@benstiller12 Granted my LO is almost 1 and my memory is fuzzy but I’m fairly sure we were still doing 1-2 feeds in the night until he was maybe 6mo and then it went to 1 after we transitioned him to his crib after 7mo. It’s very normal. Every baby is unique.

@teluvsjesus She has been sleeping in her crib and room
Ever since 7 weeks ? I Just could not handle the LOUD noises anymore. I got massive anxiety she’ll suffocate listening to them. It was for the best.

But good to know maybe one of the feeds will soon drop out. Even if not, I don’t think it’s bad at all. Just was wondering about what pediatrician said

@benstiller12 I do a dream feed right before I go to sleep at 10 and then feed again at 4 or 5. This is great compared to my first son who had to nurse every 2 hours for like the first year.

@benstiller12 My almost 7mth old is 3-5 times a night. Goes down around 8 and is up about 5 during the week.

With my first I didn’t get my period back till we fully weaned after 1 yr

@wren84 Okay. Because my pediatrician lady told me. I should ONLY feed ONE time when she wakes up and the second time only soothe her with a pacifier. But I swear my child IS HUNGRY.

@benstiller12 I’ve found that pediatricians are not very well versed in baby nutrition. If your child breastfeed they won’t sleep as long of a stretch as formula fed babies (usually). My pediatrician told me to feed small pieces of food to my 6 month old for solids and in my head i was like do you know what choking hazard means

@benstiller12 I have breastfed 4 kids and oh my gosh, they all nursed multiple times a night until they were well over 1 lol. I have a 4 month old now, it’s an open milk buffet

@benstiller12 Yes this is very normal! My son is 6 months old and goes to bed around 8:30-9pm. He will have a feed before bed, then wake up for a dream feed around an hour later and then again at 2-4am, before he wakes in the morning by 8am for his big breakfast feed lol. Some nights he wakes at 6am too for a feed, just depends on how his naps were like in the day or if he’s having a growth spurt.

My period also hasn’t returned yet so I’m wondering if this might be the case!