Lotus pack n play being on the floor

joshuason

I plan to get a Lotus because it is so travel friendly and easy to set up. My only concern is that it is on the ground compared to others that are like 6 inches of the ground. Has anyone had any issues with this? Is it hard to bend over and put them in? Do your dogs try to get in? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

@joshuason We never had any issues bending over to pick them up or put them down. Keep in mind it opens from the side too if that’s easier for your back. If your kid is still a baby and you want to keep them off the floor, there’s a bassinet conversion kit available. We borrowed my sister’s for a trip when our daughter was 3 months and liked it a lot but considering the cost, makes the most sense if you intend on traveling a lot for the first 6 months of their life.

@joshuason I love ours. We generally load from the side so it’s easier on our backs - pull baby out horizontally and then lift with the legs.

When we left it unzipped, our dog did get inside! But our dog also lies on the boppy lounger, baby blankets... she’ll lie on all the baby stuff to pretend she’s still #1.

@joshuason It’s great if you think you’ll have a big baby, mines in the 99 percentile and he is only 6 months old but already almost too heavy for many that are elevated. I never thought to check weight limits on stuff but having a big baby has taught me to think about it for the longevity factor! If it feels low you can always unzip from the side but I think you won’t have an issue.

@joshuason We don't have experience with this pack n' play. I think that my main concern with it being on the ground would be heat transfer. We do a fair amount of camping and the ground can be cold. I've been contemplating the peapod travel bed... which also sits on the ground... and I think we'll get a cheap foam camping mat for under the travel bed (or pack a few large foam puzzle mat pieces) for extra insulation. I think the peapod might be a good option if you are worried about pets getting in.

@tracytray02 The pad on the Lotus Guava is insulated though I can’t find any info on an R rating. When we took ours camping I bought a cheap Thermarest foam sleeping pad, cut it in half and put it under the Guava.

@joshuason We loved our guava. I did have trouble taking him in and out as a newborn. That being said I also have trouble reaching the bottom of shopping carts so that might just be me.

The dog loved being on his level but having the barrier there made her (the dog) feel more secure since she’s always afraid of hurting LO accidentally.

Back