Changing table necessary for pack and play?

@nontoxic12 I used it a ton at first, but I got the one that was connected to the bassinet part and my son outgrew that so fast. Once it was no longer safe to let him sleep in the bassinet, I had to give up both to remove it so I’d definitely choose one with separate parts if you can.

@nontoxic12 We’ve never used ours. I kept it on for around a week before taking it off. My baby is 4.5 months old and I’ve only ever changed her on her changing table in her room 🤷‍♀️

@nontoxic12 We use the bassinet feature on our pack n plays in our room and downstairs. (Not an actual snap in bassinet but the poles that lift the bottom of the pack n play closer to halfway up). They both have changing tables but we don’t use them. I just use baby pee pads when I change her and the changing table holds my stack of supplies on one of them, on the other it’s on the floor holding my husbands laundry lolz

@nontoxic12 We loved it and used it every day until he grew out of it. I always told myself I would just change him wherever, but that thing was awesome to have. Totally recommend.

@nontoxic12 We have a Graco pack n play that has a toddler bed, bassinet, and changing table. We love it! We take the entire top portion when we visit family over the weekends. It makes it so much easier for baby to have a designated that he's used to. Especially since none of our families have kids, it's an automatic spot to change him without risking a blowout or pee fountain on their furniture

@nontoxic12 We have a P&P with bassinet and chainring table in the living room and a changing table in the nursery. We use the P&P one probably more then the one in the nursery. Plus being able to have a bassinet right next to use when we change the baby is a huge help. I am currently considering getting another one for the basement as well.

@nontoxic12 Depends on your setup and need. I have the pack and play with the bassinet but no changing table. If I had the changing table, I wouldn’t use it. I have a great setup in the nursery and my house is not that big. I use the bassinet part all the time. My pack and play is set up in the living room so I use it as a safe place to put baby. I have one of those kick and play piano and it’s in the bassinet so baby can play but I don’t have to bend down haha.

@nontoxic12 I have one for the p&p, but it fits over top of the p&p, so kind of covers half the opening. It's quite impractical, imo, because getting baby into and out of the p&p becomes trickier when it's on, but if it's not on all the time then I have to put it on and take it off for every change. I used it for a few weeks when baby was born and that's about it.

@nontoxic12 I got the one with it all for my mom's house. I thought the changing table was great especially for early diaper changes when she pees while being changed. It would have soaked the bassinet instead of the waterproof changing table. At my house I use an actual changing table. I like having a specific place to change her for the poopy diapers and the blowouts, and just in case she pees in the middle. With a lack of space, you might be grateful to have a designated area that is incorporated into a pack and play

@nontoxic12 I'm ordering the Graco Day2Dream model. It's a little pricier, but it has the changing table and a shelf on the outside to make changing even easier. Plus, the travel bassinet has its own separate bag for easy portability and storage and it has height adjustable legs to make it suitable for bedside or couch side sleeping.

@nontoxic12 We use it every time right now while he’s in the pack and play. Don’t think it’s 100% necessary if you have another changing pad elsewhere, but it does make it super easy to pick him up and put him down right there to change.

Back