Just the tip(s), please

emersonboi

Pleeeeeease give me all the tips on how to increase my water/liquid intake.

My production is drastically slowing and I know I'm not drinking enough. I had gastric sleeve 1.5 years ago so I'm not able to chug water but definitely need your best tips/tricks on how to drink more.

Thank you!!

@emersonboi In the UK we have squash, which is like cordial but better. I recommend that. Or lemon water or infused water generally. Take small sips regularly rather than big glugs. But have some water every 30mins. I always drink more from a giant insulated bottle because I HATE warm water so maybe try a new bottle you like.

@emersonboi Get several water bottles or insulated cups with straws and strategically place them all over the house near your usual camp out spots. I refill every evening before bed. There's 2 next to my pump, two next to the chair in the nursery then one I usually carry about with me to the bedroom or couch.

@emersonboi Fellow gastric sleeve here. Have you talked to your doctor about vitamins and nutritional needs for breastfeeding? I'm in a special plan from my endocrinologist to help not only supply but milk "quality" regarding, e.g, B12

@acad None of that will work unless she's drinking enough water. Vitamins won't do anything useful too supply unless you physically have enough water in your body to produce the volume of milk. It's all about volume

@neoinarien thanks for the info. My doctor's main concern wasn't about supply but nutrients in breastmilk since his team is researching gastric sleeved moms' breastmilk, since we can have malabsorption. I agree hydration is fundamental!

@emersonboi Get a 40 oz water bottle and fill it up 3 times. I use plain water 2 times a day and use sparkling water 1 time. I mix my hydration packets in the sparkling water. It's so delicious. Keep your cup wherever you are.

Back