Just had a near miss with wife having newborn, now I have a healthy 2nd boy

@iaen Yeah, up until now most of mine have been wake up from deep sleep to catch my toddler doing something unsafe, or those dad reflex catch the baby by the leg type moments.

@benjmck2 First of all, congratulations! Secondly, well done for trusting your gut.

Wife and I aren't well off, so we're hesitant to take on more costs unnecessarily

This isn't supposed to be a European flex, but it's awful that in a developed country (or anywhere) the cost of healthcare should be a consideration. When my second was born we had some investigations, then she was delivered by C-section very premature, spent time on NICU, had a private room for another week, and ultimately came home with daily visits from a nurse. At no point did we even know what the costs were, let alone take decisions based on them: there was no bill.

No one should have to weigh up the cost of healthcare when deciding what's best for their child.

@lightnow23 Not that clearly, they can see the insertion point easily enough, but from what I could see, it mostly appears as the same black space as the amniotic fluid with hints of blood flow. If it were all 3d ultrasound imaging, you can, but if you've looked at those 3d ultrasounds, it's not always clear what's what until you can point out a landmark. If the knot were lose it would be pretty hard to tell it's even potentially a knot if you saw that exact spot on the image, and if it were tensed down it's hard to tell a knot from a bulge on the imaging.

@mullygrubs I figured I'd go with something along the lines of "I let you live once already, my benevolence does have limits though." It's obviously a work in progress.

@swat I'll give you the same advice my wife was given, pay attention to all reductions in movement. I wish you the best of luck with your number 2.

@benjmck2 Man, as someone who has gone through medical trauma with our first, I’m SO happy for you guys and your baby. Glad this story ended on such a good note and your baby boy is healthy. Congrats!