It’s my wife’s last day of work for 9 weeks!

bonitadan

She is taking advantage of the family leave bonding time you can take within the first year of birth. Our son is 10 months, and we have a 3 year old daughter as well. Granted it’s not paid and traveling is going to be a pain this summer with the virus, but I’m excited nonetheless.

She’s actually really great and she takes lots of “breaks” from work to hang out with us (she’s working from home full time, which isn’t that much different than before when she was at home 3-4 days a week). These breaks help me maintain my sanity and allow me to cook better meals as I can focus on that and I do not have to deal with the kids at the same time lol...not trying to brag, I know a lot of you take care of your kids solo all day while your SO is at work and I have a lot of respect for that!

We plan on hitting our local beach a lot, hiking local trails, and pawning off the kids with her parents to get some time for us. 6 hours until we are free! Granted I’ll still be doing most of the cooking and cleaning, but at least child responsibilities will be closer to 50/50.

@bonitadan Congrats! That is going to be so much fun.

My husband only used 3 of his allowed 12 when our daughter was born 3 months ago. Planning to use some up for camping season and some around the holidays.

Wrangling 2 through the day is tough, but thankfully, easier than I expected (thanks ABCmouse and Audible).

@bonitadan That’s wonderful!! It’s a blessing to be able to have so much family time together. My husband works 24 hr shifts/10 days a month without overtime, and it’s really nice being able to have all the extra time together. Also the cooking is way better when he’s home.

Back