I thought twins where bad but triplets are worse

hoodlesshunter

I have 5 yo single and 3yr old twins, we welcomed our triplets on the 10th of November and they are now a little over a month old

I was fortunate enough to carry them for as long as I did they didn’t need any major nicu time the middle triplet needed a few extra tests but they where able to come home after a few days

This has unfortunately meant we where straight into the deep end with them

The diapers are just never ending, I remember the new born stage being awful but this just feels like hell sometimes, we have a full time day nanny and we recently hired a part time evening nanny, I’m on maternity leave aswell but there always a baby in need

The middle trip was born deaf there was a fluid build up in her head but they where able to slowly drain it when she was born to relive pressure on her brain (she was still unfortunately deaf though) and they then completely drained it last week, so now she has went from being completely deaf to having great hearing, she used to be so quiet and easy going but now she the same as the other 2 every little thing sets her off

By some miracle I’m able to exclusively breastfeed bar using formula the first week until my supply strengthened, I want to do it but god it’s just frustrating, my boobs feel like their always in demand wether it be from feeding the trips or from pumping, when I nurse over bottle feed there’s always one getting shafted and so I have to just watch them cry for an extra 20 mins until I have a free boob, I try to rotate it so it’s not the same one all the time

Everyone volunteers to help but when they come over to help all they do is hold the babies which is not helping, I’m told how lucky I am to have not needed a c but when I bring up the fact I passed out for 3 hours after I pushed number 3 out I’m just dismissed “yeah but your ok now”

My husband has been great but he’s still working, we take shifts but with 3 babies we end up both being up dosent matter who’s shift it is, my twins are throwing temper tantrums over being ignored, we give them an hour a day every day but they still get mad. When the triplets cry the twins will run over to them not to help calm them down but rather to shove a hand over their mouths and yell shut up at them, I don’t want to let this keep going but I also don’t want to forge any resentment between the twins and triplets

Is my life just going to be utter hell for the next few years?

@hoodlesshunter if twin parents need 4 people to give the same parent to child ratio, triplet parents would need 6 adults, but Wow you have both Im thinking you need 8-10 people at once to help. This is crazy. you are doing amazing. how did you find time to post?

write a chore list, be specific. Include a place for them to sign up. Everyone loves holding those babies Im sure!

Bottles or pump parts need washing
laundry
dishes
grocery shopping
meal prep
snacks for mom (dont forget the oreos)

wishing you and your family the best. You are doing amazing.

Dont forget to give yourself some grace 💕✨

@hoodlesshunter Omg I've been wondering how you are! I didn't even know vaginal delivery of triplets was possible, you're amazing.

I'm so sorry it's so hard, I cannot imagine. Keep hiring all the help you can!! You deserve any break you can get. Do you want to consider formula sometimes to ease the burden on you? Exclusively breastfeeding triplets sounds like an enormous burden for you.

Back