I just survived six days camping with my daughter (7)!

@sean123 I live in Texas, but this trip started in Portland Oregon. We drove northwest for 2 nights camping on the beach (think The Goonies). I happened to set up next to a camping influencer who helped me get the confidence and tips I needed to get away from civilization. We went northeast to the Olympia National Park to camp 4 nights up in the mountains. That park is as far north east as you can go without hitting Canada. We did drive down the mountain one day to go whale watching.

@hemispheres I give you a lot of credit. I have never been a camper, was not raised to be a camper, and every time I try I’m like… nope… yet I love the outdoors and keep trying. Hoping to get all my fails out before my son is of camping age.

Also. The great outdoors is EPIC John candy.

@ajr250 That was definitely me. I wouldn’t even camp in our back yard before this trip. I rented a small (18 foot) RV travel trailer on outdoorsy so there really were very few compromises as far as creature comforts. And the national parks have park rangers at the visitors station that will tell you where to take your kids.

Back