How much are y'all paying for babysitters/daycare per week ?

@joanieb88 I feel like this strongly too I'm the only one who's been with him all this time so it's hard to not worry while u are away . Just saw a video today actually .a nanny abusing a baby shoving diaper in his face and stuff. But ik at some point I'm gonna have to part with him even if it's just for work .

@987abc It would be $145 a day but my goodness I am commenting here cos I can't imagine the price of the monopoly of night time care and an interested in the reply

I SAHP cos it would be a detriment financially for me to work and then hand over so much for child care.

@987abc You mean an overnight? Not sure but I’d be willing to pay like $20/hour for a date night out.

We pay for full-time daycare in the coastal northeast US. It’s not a cheap part of the US to live in. Daycare is $333 per week and that doesn’t include any food or diapers.

@987abc Wow how are some of yall affording these numbers!!!

LCOL and we pay $185/week. We live in a suburb outside of the city which helps with the cost. It’s usually $200-$225 in the city. Husband and I both work and bring in about $120k/year

@987abc I live in NE Ohio and I watch a family’s 3 kids 3 days a week from 7am-3:30pm and I make $21/hr and I make about $550 a week. The end time varies. Today I left at 2:30. Sometimes I work until 5.

@987abc I am not in that world anymore since mine is in middle school, but I know that centers around here (MCOL midwestern city) are $500 a week for infants. It goes down as they get older of course. The least amount we paid when our son was in a center full time when he was 4 was $230 a week, but that was 2018. I always paid sitters $15 an hour. Over night care is probably going to cost more than what I stated because your sitter is effectively unable to work a day job the following day, and younger people like high school or college age students won’t be able to accept that job any other time other than weekends. I would anticipate $25-$30 an hour.

I am also going to throw in a plug I think folks don’t always think about- childcare still has a cost even after school begins. We had to pay $22 a day for before and after care, and $40 a day for non school days. And we paid about $210 a week for summer care. This was through our school’s extended day program. We were able to stop that when Covid happened and my job went remote when our son was in 3rd grade.

@987abc We live in Denmark and pay USD 400 per month for kindergarten that is open 7am - 5pm, everything included. This is obviously government subsidized for everyone regardless of income.

Babysitter we pay cash in hand. USD 20 hourly rate.

I have never heard of anyone monitoring their kids via CCTV. Sounds a bit freakish to be honest. If you entrust your kids to someone to look after, why would you put them under surveillance?

@agirlwithcake I also live in Denmark, and we also pay $400 per month. It’s open from 6:30am to 4:45pm Mon - Fri.
Everything is included - meals, diapers, snacks, field trips and other activities etc.

@987abc Daycare my daughter is enrolled part time (2 full days per week) for $100/wk. If I need additional childcare there is a drop-in daycare that charges $8.50/hr. Frankly this drop-in daycare has alleviated my need for sitters however if I was going out at night it would not work as they close at 6 pm.

Previously I paid $15-$20/hr for a sitter. However it was never at night. Anything I needed a sitter for was happening during business hours. Not sure that changes anything though in terms of pricing (?) Others may know better.

I think checking in is totally at your discretion. Some parents check in multiple times, others don't at all.

I never used a camera.

Edit: daughter is now 5 and has only ever been enrolled part time in daycare. Prices I was quoted for full time in the two relatively lcol locations I lived ranged from $125/wk (of course that place had a waiting list 3 years long) to $275/wk.

@987abc We live in a LCOL area. $295 a week which includes food. M-F. I wouldn’t do well with a camera, personally. I would check that all day instead of working. I trust my daycare teachers. They really care which is awesome. My parents are great and have watched our LO when we want go to go out but I would assume 15 to 20 an hour is the rate.

@987abc I live in CT and my son goes to pre k full time (5 days a week 8am-5pm) and it’s about $17k a year. In regards to baby sitter we have my sons former infant teacher from daycare and pay her $20 an hour and don’t have a camera.

@987abc Our daughter is in full time daycare (3yo) and we pay $1,800/month. Her daycare teacher watches her for occasional date nights. We pay her $20/hour. We’ve done one OVERNIGHT and we paid $20/hour for awake hours and a flat $100 dollars overnight. From like 2pm-10am the next morning was $300. We are always available via phone. Our first date night ended up being cut short and a trip to urgent care! 🙃 But since then, no other accidents and we trust our babysitter. We don’t have a camera inside the home. Just outside near the garage and front door.

@987abc We used to pay about 1k/month for full time daycare (more for infant, less for potty trained toddler). Not including food or diapers or anything like that.

I have no idea what sitters run, we've not had any (the handful of times we've needed someone to watch her, a family friend was able).

@987abc Part time daycare for 2k a month (mornings) and part time nanny evenings for 4k a month. We rarely do date nights/weekends but in emergencies have paid $30-50 an hour. This is for one toddler.

We have cameras in her room and the foyer. No cameras in other areas of the house which we encourage them to use.

@987abc We pay $1,300 a month for full-time M-F daycare, it’s open 6:30am-6:30pm and includes breakfast, lunch and snack. Don’t have a babysitter but we briefly had a nanny before we switched to daycare and she was $22/hr.

Back