How many poop diapers for 3.5 week baby?

ninjapirate777

Hi All, new parents to our first child. We are googling so much just because of the fact he is our IVF miracle.

We would like to know how many poop diapers is normal for him? He has been giving us lot of pee diapers but poop varies. Yesterday it was 3-4 poopie diapers today it has only been 1 so far.

He is combo fed. Do you think we are under feeding him? He has no diaper rash either?

Also, what can we do to ease his gas pains besides bicycles, tummy time, belly massages? Thoughts on gripe water vs little remedies?

Thank you all to you kind people

@ninjapirate777 I’m from Canada and was told to follow the recommendations of healthyparentshealthychildren.ca
It states around 4 weeks poop diapers frequency can change from 4 daily. Ours only had and still only typically has 1 a day now since that time.
As for gas we put both legs up by his ears and he usually farts every time, also tummy time helps a lot.

@ninjapirate777 Totally normal! Some babies pooping patterns will fluctuate and not have a normal schedule as their bodies are learning how to function. Mostly it would be a concern if they haven’t pooped in 4 days from what I was told. But again, it varies! It’s recommended to keep an eye on wet diapers for hydration purposes.

@ninjapirate777 2 weeks old mom here. We're told that the pee is the indicator of feeding so as long as they're getting plenty of wet diapers it means that they're fed well. My son something spends a day with no poop then the next day I know to expect poopmageddon. We combo feed as well.

Back