How did you start letting your kid sleep in a separate room?

@calebtheclown My daughter had a separate room at 6 months. She has had multiple regressions which are normal for any number of things. I always respond and soothe then I do the 3 minute/6minute/10 minute fade out. Regressions last maybe 1 or 2 nights using this method. I have a video monitor with sound and talk. I can watch her whenever I need and hear everything.

@calebtheclown My daughter started sleeping in her own room at 10 weeks. No one was getting any sleep when she was in our room. She'd wake us up, we'd wake her up. She's now 7 months and we've all been sleeping better, even if she wakes at night to feed. We have a video monitor and sound machine in her room.

@calebtheclown We transitioned our first to his own room around 7-8 months. It was actually pretty easy. He didn't seem to notice the difference lol - especially in the dark. We started lightly sleep training (Ferber method) at the same time and within 3-4 days, our baby was sleeping MUCH better...and so were we. We were all getting like 8-9 solid hours of sleep. We all became much happier people then lol. Plus, my husband and I liked having our room back! We could turn on lights, watch TV, and talk without fearing the baby would wake up.

@calebtheclown A year. We specifically wanted him sleeping consistently through the night because having to go across the house multiple times every night is way more exhausting than just walking a few steps to settle them if needed. We ended up having to deal with the multiple times a night, across the house bit when he transitioned to a toddler bed and my god it was more exhausting than in-room sleep regressions ever were. At that point I was fully awake and it would take ages to get back to sleep.