High impact sports bras

fallen_short

Hi all! I’m trying to get back into running but finding that my old sports bras won’t cut it. I ran a lot pre-pregnancy but was very flat chested so could get away with less supportive bras. Now that I’m breastfeeding (and still have some extra weight) it’s clear that the bras I have that still fit aren’t going to cut it. What are your favorites for running and other high impact activities? For reference I’m somewhere between a 36 B and a 34 C depending on the day and whether I’ve pumped

@elixir11813 Another vote for SHEFIT! Nothing else worked for me. It even let me run when I was full from missing a pump. This bra legit changed my fitness game because I used to only be able to row and spin and now I can run!!

@fallen_short I like the calia zipper front bra. I haven't had a fitting since I stopped breastfeeding but I was a 34DDD pre-pregnancy and I would guess a 36g now. I buy sports bras too small so they suffocate me haha and I wear the 36DD.

@fallen_short Brooks has some really good options. I bought one for early on when my breasts were larger and would get more engorged. Now I’m able to wear regular sports bras again but was glad to have my more supportive one as an option. As a runner who breastfed my first for 21 months and now breastfeeding my 4 month old I recommend always pumping before running or timing runs for after your pumping or feeding session. Otherwise you can get clogged ducts which is no fun.

@fallen_short I'm just here for any recommendations too.
I was a 36C before babies, 34G after babies.
NOTHING works lol.

I've even lost 50 pounds and I STILL have G's, I only lost back fat, no boobs lost...I was kind of excited when everyone was telling me their weight came off their boobs.

Nothing and nowhere I've been carries a 34G except Elle Mio boutique and they don't really have high impact sports bras.

So, any recommendations are welcome 😆

@kimbrooks I exploded into 36I, thanks to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I've lost about 30# and have some to go, but it was really stubborn until just recently at 8mo pp.

SheFit works really well, and since it's front-zip with adjustable straps it's also convenient for nursing and wearable pumps.

Kindred Bravely also has some decent options for nursing, pumping and sleeping (but not exercising).

Keep an eye out for sales bc bras in this size range become even more expensive.

@fallen_short lululemon’s high support energy bras are all i’ll wear. they’re usually on sale online too. they adjust in the back a bit too if it’s too tight or too loose