Helping my sister name my soon-to-be baby niece! Needing advice on Quinn…

roleyo5472

To start, big brother’s name is Corbin & we were thinking of “hard C” or K sounding names to start with…. and then I fell in love with the name “Quinn.” I love that it sounds the same without starting with the letter C/K ….however, there’s a problem: dad’s last name is also one syllable (Knorr) & its been rather difficult coming up a suitable middle name to make it flow better together. 😭

Option #2 was to ditch Quinn & I have a few “alternates” that do start w/ a C/K, but I wanted to see if anyone else could help with Quinn before I admit defeat. (Ha ha!)

There is also an option #3:

Florence Quinn Knorr

So then with Quinn as her middle name, this would be the name she “goes by” instead of Florence.… and I know that’s not completely uncommon for people to do, but Im on the fence about it since it makes it “complicated” for when she gets older & has to correct people by saying “actually, I go by Quinn…” Im mainly considering the name “Florence” because it would be honoring a family member & so I kinda feel like it would be worth the effort!

Thoughts?

@roleyo5472 I hated going by my middle name growing up. It just made things complicated as a kid and is still quite annoying as a grown up, married woman where my legal name has to go on all work identification and electronic communication.

I love Quinn. I’d use it if you love it. Quinn Florence Knorr does not sound bad at all.

Other middle name suggestions are:
Quinn Alexandra Knorr
Quinn Eloise Knorr
Quinn Isabella Knorr
Quinn Naomi Knorr
Quinn Francesca Knorr
Quinn Helena Knorr

I feel 3 syllable middle names go best with one syllable last night especially with a one syllable first name. Ultimately though, go with what you love! When she gets married she could have a 5 syllable last name and all this thought and hard work you put into her name won’t even matter! lol. That’s what I tried to remind myself when naming my first baby.

@roleyo5472 I don't think one syllable first and last name is that bad. My husband and daughter both have a one syllable first and last name. Husband is Josh and daughter is Clark.

I love Quinn and I think if you are worried you could change the spelling/ do a variation. Kwen is the Celtic version of Quinn. You could also go with Quincy or Quinton and call her Quinn.

I love this name and I have it on my short list!

@roleyo5472 I see! We gave our daughter a 3 syllable middle name like Jocelyn or Josephine and we call her ClarkieJo or CJ. Maybe you could do that with

Quinn Bethany Knorr (nn QuinnieBee)

Quinn Anastasia Knorr (nn QuinnieAnn)

Quinn Theresa Knorr (nn QT)

Quinn Joanna Knorr (QuinnieJo)

I hope that helps!

@roleyo5472 Last names as first names are so popular now, and I love, love, love Quinn. A high school friend’s last name was Quinlan. Quinlan Knorr sound a little better than Quinn Knorr. If you wanted to play with spellings , you could do Quinnlynn (or with a dash, Quinn-Lynn). But I like just Quinlan. It would be such a cool name!

@roleyo5472 I don't like the idea of choosing a middle name with the plan to go by it. Name her first name the one you want her called. Quinn is ok, the one syllable last name wouldn't bother me but I don't like how the first name would end in the N sound and then last name starts with it (assuming Knapp is a silent K?)

@roleyo5472 Because it’s a one syllable surname, consider a 2+ syllable first name. Quinn Knorr doesn’t flow.

Florence is cute, but she will get Flo. If you like that, then perfect!

Consider these?

Katie Knorr, Alexandra Knorr, Casey Knorr, Cadence Knorr, Clara Knorr.

Back