I ( 50 f) have a daughter ( 27 ) that has been helping me and I don't know how to feel about it.

@josephtheprotector I mean this with kindness and compassion. You said "I have an invisible disability ( that I'm still kind of in denial about)" and then discussed your conflicted feelings about your daughter providing care. I can't help but think that the issues are related. How could you feel ok about how you are being helped when you haven't come to terms with getting/needing assistance in the first place? Regardless of your feelings towards your daughter, I encourage you to speak to someone about how you feel about your disability, you need to find peace with it to make sure you take care of your health (whether that means going to the doctor, being an advocate for yourself, following protocols, etc.).

@robind Oh I have. That's all part of it. I've been talking with a therapist, my doctor, support groups, friends who are like me and a vocational rehabilitation counselor, as well as talking with my job about certain accommodations.

@josephtheprotector From a person with no children or relation ship (romantic) of any kind this advice may be a little wrong. I would assume you love your daughter more than anything based on how you talk about her, and respect her wishes. If she feels strongly about wanting to help, then let her help, but bug her every third or fourth day about it. If you feel bad about it but still have a bit of money then slip a couple bucks into her wallet every day (going off of daily and not hourly).

@lovelyaudreanna This is a good perspective and one that I appreciate. And I do love her, very much. She hasn't had the easiest time of it, so I don't want to put more on her inadvertently. I will put together some little things for her and slip her some cash when I can. Thank you so very much for this.