Formula opinion

westonnn

Baby is 3 weeks 2 days today. I’m still working on breastfeeding and pumping as I only get 1-2 oz per session and not enough to feed so we’ve supplementing with formula since day 1(even at the hospital).

Initially in the first two weeks, we used powdered Enfamil DHA advanced. Her stools were watery, seedy and yellow. Daughter had two major crying episodes where she cried all night , didn’t pass gas and had diarrhea all night.

Made a call to L&D and mentioned that we should be using RTF, not powdered formula and they recommended using Similac pro-advance so we decided to switch her last Thursday night to it, as a supplement for breast milk. Daughter loves it, and drinks it much faster than Enfamil. Now lastnight (day 4) , she had a (shorter) crying episode of diarrhea and her stools have been tan, pasty and less seedy. With this formula, she does pass gas a lot more by farting a lot.

Is this normal? Did we make a wrong choice by switching and should we wait the 1-2 weeks?

@westonnn My baby had to get similac pro advance from the hospital because I was an emergency c section, my milk didn't come in for 5 days. I found it wasn't bad on her stomach but regardless of formula or breastfeeding babies can be gassy. Mine farts so much but she isn't in pain most times and I find it hilarious. Also tan/beige poop for formula fed baby was normal and mine had it too until I got her straight on breastmilk. You're doing good!!