Fit ladies: what are you snacking on?

felicitys

27+4 and all of a sudden I’m noticeably more hungry. What healthy + filling snacks are you going to?

Historically I’m a 3 meals a day no snacks person, so this is new to me. So far I’ve been snacking on plain greek yogurt with fruit + nuts or granola, raw nuts, sometimes cheese & crackers (but I’ve noticed I have no portion control w this one), fruit… looking to expand!

@felicitys Whatever I want. Lol.

But really, lots of yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, protein granola, clementines, Brie bites with crackers, pretzels with hummus, avocado on tortillas.

@corruptedsoul Lol I’ve been eating an absurd amount of grapes too! And during the summer it was nonstop figs and apricots - to the point where my husband learned that these were my figs and apricots not ours 🤣

@corruptedsoul Freeze them! My favorite is putting them in plain Greek yogurt that I've mixed with cool whip and a little vanilla protein powder. You can also do apples and PB butter in the same whipped mix!

@felicitys I'm doing a lot of the same that others have mentioned BUT!! Here are the snacks I eat that I haven't seen others mention yet:
  • Ants on a log, but with exotic dried fruit, (figs, mango, crystalized ginger, cranberries, etc)
  • Baked potato + random toppings (whatever I have, mostly low fat sour cream and some rogue left over meat)
  • cucumber and literally any dip, (hummus, cottage cheese, vinegar+olive+herb)
  • marinated feta+olives+cantaloupe - for some reason this one I crave the most
  • mandarin and dark chocolate chips for a sweet treat
  • pretzel+apple+cheese combo
  • green grapes- I think I've eaten 100 bushels of grapes already
  • boiled peanuts. Send help. So much salt.
I try to shoot for fat+protein+fiber+carb in any snack combo but that's not always realistic. It helps me with portions and staying full longer. I'm successful maybe 60-70% of the time.

Good luck!!

@768918 It's really weird, but it somehow works. Sweet, salty, sour, tangy, creamy, crunchy.

It happened when I was at a whole foods hot bar and couldn't decide what I wanted to eat because the whole place smelled bad to me. Nothing looked good but marinated feta, green olives, and the crisp cantaloupe. Everything else was making me feel like barfing 🤢. I just went with it.

Still eating it today. It's dumb but so good.

Back