Do you use a sound machine while bedsharing?

@tmorey7788 We still use one at 18 months. My husband used to play rain sounds off of YouTube overnight before the baby was even born. I bought a Hatch programmable night light/sound machine to color code for night weaning, but honestly the sound part is more for my husband than the toddler.

@tmorey7788 My LO is 17m and we’re still using it. I feel it muffles of the sounds of the house and the big dogs outside. He also knows when the noise goes on it’s bedtime! I personally sleep better with it so it’s a benefit to us all

@tmorey7788 it doesn’t seem to make a diff for my son when he’s bedsharing at night, only during independent sleep when he naps. i will use brown noise from time to time cause i like it and it can help filter out noise of others in my home in the early morning but he could care less about it on nights we don’t use it

@tmorey7788 We have our hatch on for nap time and bedtime. It drowns out other house sounds, specifically dogs barking and loud cars on the street behind our house. My son sleeps much better with the white noise.

I tried not using the hatch and the house was dead quiet and every little creak and sound woke him up. It sucked

@tmorey7788 We use ours for ALL sleep situations because my son is an extremely sensitive sleeper and we have a teenage (loud) son, and four dogs that are moving around (tapping nails on hardwood) constantly. If we didn’t have a sound machine we would have 20 wakes a night instead of 5.

@tmorey7788 Husband and I used the Dark Noise on our iPhones as soon as it was a thing. And noisy fans before that. Now we have a Hatch in the nursery and a Hatch Go I keep plugged in in our room that I use in place of my phone now. Can’t sleep without the sound as an adult so she fits right in!

@tmorey7788 I also started co-sleeping around 4 months, my baby is 5 months so it hasn’t been very long. I still use the sound machine because honestly, I like it! But I have it on a lower volume now because it’s more for me at this point lol