Do you all accommodate any kids activity/sport you can? Or do you draw a line even if you COULD make it happen?

@brandon0820 Oofta, that’s a lot to juggle. Especially with 2 working parents and 3+ kids. I mean more power to you and no disrespect. I’d love all A’s, but at 6 and 8 we just focus on redoing/working through what they get wrong and doing their best.

It’s definitely a whole family lifestyle choice. My parents definitely would have drawn the line at every single night in an activity they had to attend between all of us kids. Maybe that’s why this concept is so foreign to me- we had 4 at one house and 6 at our other house. My mom often had to work evenings so there was only one chauffeur.

I think I’ve settled on once they’re a bit older. We’re still establishing ourselves professionally. We both made career changes within the past 2 years to accommodate a better long term financially and with flexibility for the kids. We’re just not there yet where we have the time/money/flexibility/bandwidth to accommodate 1 in a 4 day a week competitive league, let alone 2. In the meantime I’m trying to think of some creative ways to invest in his activity. Soccer camp, play dates with soccer friends, going to older kids games/professional games. Some things to supplement rec while our family can’t accommodate comp without so much sacrifice that we’re struggling.