Didn’t get the promotion

@glorytothefather2245 I think people have idealistic views of working for nonprofits, but they’re just like any other company. There is still bad corporate culture, office politics, and everything else like any other company.

I work for a nonprofit and like it, but not necessarily because it’s a nonprofit.

@mormonmartini That sucks-Time for a new job!

Imo even only working there for 6 months you have done more work at this startup than you could have at an established NP for a year. I’ve hopped around NP jobs before and agencies and local gov will drool for your startup skills.

Good luck!

@mormonmartini I was asked to train my new supervisor after they told me I was passed over for the promotion. My go to response was I can connect you with a colleague with the same job title to answer your questions and provide training. Took about 2 days of the same responses for them to stop asking .

@mormonmartini Wow, I have so many feelings for you about this! Get out! You can finish a high quality MBA through a rigorously selective online program (I personally chose Quantic and competed this program while I had my first child - YES YOU CAN!) in 15-months … and then go somewhere you are respected and valued. I say respected because feedback isn’t a courtesy it’s a fundamental requirement for a healthy organization and I think you’ve just discovered you are in a dysfunctional organization. I’m so sorry you had to find out this way after your investment and loyalty! They don’t deserve you. You aren’t here to prop up the inexperienced.