dear folks- a q to all moms that want to slowly move away from pumping 4x a day for their 9mo

brad0037

I have been pumping 4x a day for my bub. Bun goes to day care and is a very lousy drinker. If I were to depend on him to keep up my supply bub will be on formula by now.
What wearable pumps helped you to make pumping moms life easier? I will be travelling a bit later this yr and can't afford (timewise) to be strapped to my spectra 4 times a day.
Pls advise.

@brad0037 I use the Elvie when I need to mobile. I love it and find it so convenient to be able to walk around, tidy thing up, or chase after the little one. I don't find the parts to be annoying to clean like the Medela parts. You do need to charge them after a few uses. The app is terrible - I stopped using it as it constantly loses connection and the volume indicators are so inaccurate. Outside of these issues, I am incredibly happy with my Elvies and think they have helped my stress levels drop considerably around pumping at home or on the go.

@brad0037 I use an Elvie Stride (triple feeding, low supply, 2nd kid) and had the Spectra for my first kid. I cannot tell you how much of a lifesaver it is! I’ve also got a Medea Symphony I’m renting due to the low supply, and the Elvie seems to do a decent job at pulling almost the same amount of milk. The only thing is you can’t pump while it’s charging and you have to keep an eye on capacity, it seems smaller than the bottles.
Otherwise, it’s generally quiet, comfortable and super convenient :)