A big recommendation list for folks about to have a baby

@abarone77 I also recommend wearing the nursing bra to the hospital. I ended up having a traumatic birth and was hooked up to a bunch of stuff. My husband ended up cutting off my regular bra because there was no other way to get it off for nursing.

@ehron214 In the early months, if you can, stay in the habit of leaving the house. Every day if possible.

It’s so easy to grow into the couch. But when you build the habit of having a fully stocked diaper bag ready to go at all times, with any luck your baby will grow accustomed to falling asleep anywhere.

I can't edit the links in my above post, but the two sub-bullets under "BABY ENCLOSURE ... Soften flooring within:" didn't copy/paste initially. These are definitely more me-specific, but adding here!

@ehron214 I would say my biggest take aways were that I should have gotten a pumping bra and taken it to the hospital, so I'd suggest that if you want to pump. Also, I would have bought less breast feeding stuff. It all adds up and gets expensive and bfing didn't work out for me, as, despite my best efforts, I wasn't (am still am not) producing enough.

I would also add Dreft or some sort of baby-safe laundry detergent to that. Not sure if it was on there and I missed it.

Amazon is your bff in those early days.

@ehron214 Make sure your phone charger for the hospital is extra long! The outlet may be nowhere near the hospital bed so it's good to have a longer cord so you can still use your phone while it's charging

@ehron214 This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Motherhood Maternity Women's Maternity 3 in 1 Labor, Delivery, and Nursing Gown

Company: Motherhood Maternity

Amazon Product Rating: 4.7

Fakespot Reviews Grade: B

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 3.6

Analysis Performed at: 01-30-2022

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

Also in hindsight I kind of wish we hadn't gotten a bassinet and had just gotten a mini crib instead (which we wound up getting to replace our bassinet after 4.5 months, anyway).

@ehron214 Great list! Some of my additions would be:
- peri bottle for after delivery
- I also used lidocaine and perineal spray
- nipple cream cz nipples will be sooooo sore I the beginning if you plan to try to breastfeed
- have some baby meds handy- baby thermometer, infant Tylenol. Etc.
- adult diapers instead of the pads they give at the hospital
- baby shampoo/ lotion and diaper rash cream
-disposable plates/ cutlery for the first couple weeks and if possible try to meal prep in advance

@ehron214 BRING ANTACIDS
The hospital ran out the night i was in labour, i couldn't even drink water.

In general: if you relied on it during pregnancy and it's small: BRING IT TO THE HOSPITAL

@ehron214 One thing to add for the hospital: a sleeping bag for your partner. My husband was able to stay cozy and somewhat comfortable in his and then I got all the blankets (which I needed like 4 of to stay warm). Also because it has a hood some of the light and noise of constant checking in by the nurses was blocked out.

Back