Very hard water folks - what do you use for powder detergent?

@defoehorses As someone who used to use 7th gen F&C liquid with diapers - you definitely will want something better, lol! It worked fine in the ebf stage, but once 5/6 months hit, my diapers started to get a lot worse.

My water is only about half as hard as yours, but I have switched to tide w/oxy powder and the cleanliness factor is great. Despite people insisting that the smell washes out, I still totally smell the tide smell, though. It is absolutely NOTHING even remotely as potent as the liquid version's scent, though. This is a tolerably low scent.

@defoehorses Good luck with whatever you decide. I’m pretty off-put by scents also (I don’t wear perfume or body spray, and my main criteria for deodorant is that I don’t smell it once it’s on my body…lol) and I’ve either gone nose blind to the mountain fresh tide or it’s mild enough that I don’t really smell it.

@defoehorses What about Ariel or Foca powder with a 1/2 cup of borax or full cap of Calgon? Tide free and clear powder is for up to about 100ppm and those amounts of borax or Calgon cover about 120ppm so you’d still not have enough, but maybe Ariel or Foca has a milder scent? I haven’t used them personally but they cover about 200ppm like tide original does.

Back