Crying my eyes out over low HCG at 10 DPO. Is this a chemical?

bskicrash1

Yesterday (9 DPO) I dreamt of taking a positive pregnancy test. Woke up, tested and got a very faint line on 2 tests.

Was super excited. Today the line was just as faint but I didn’t stress it.

My ob asked me to come in for estrogen and progesterone tests the second I suspect I may be pregnant. So I did that today 10 DPO and here are my results:

HCG - 8.26 IU/I
Estrogen - 1497 pmol/l
Progesterone - 65.3 nmol/l

Does this indicate a chemical? My husband thinks I am overreacting and that I should wait to hear from my OB and chill but I don’t think I can go through trying to hold on to hope again.

@bskicrash1 There is no such thing as low hcg at 10 dpo. There is pretty much no reference to what is a good number that early. 8 is pregnant. Take a breath and wait for some more blood draws.

@josephjurg [sup][sup][sup]!!![/sup][/sup][/sup] I went for my first beta at the equivalent of 12 DPO bc went through IVF to conceive. My HCG was 28. Assuming OP at least doubles every 2 days, she’d be around there as well.

@bskicrash1 Hugs, take deep breaths. This is fine. You might have been 5 yesterday and 8 today is great!

You need to wait for a few more draws to draw any conclusions about viability from hcg (unless it goes down). Best of luck!

Your progesterone is great!

@queen4lord Thank you, this is very reassuring ❤️ i should probably stay off google - saw other girls asking whether 20 was too low for 10 dpo and assumed I was doomed. Probably all that estrogen is driving me mad

@bskicrash1 I don’t think holding it for 4hrs is a good idea. I never got good results by doing this with OPKs.

I think the best option is to hold it overnight and test at the same time every day or 48hours. If it’s too soon, the line darkening will take some time. I hope by tomorrow you have more answers ❤️ when I had my chemical, the following day of my positive the line was slightly lighter, so I think it’s good that this morning when you tested it was not lighter. Hopefully tomorrow it’s darkened!

@queen4lord Thank you! Well to be fair the lines on all my tests are barely visible, have been this way for 3 days now, so I doubt it will change at this point. I will ofcourse test tomorrow morning but if it stays light I will just try to go see my OB ☹️ i don’t have the intense cramps I had last time either

@sriley01 My hCG was 35 at 13 DPO and it was my only successful pregnancy! The other two pregnancies, I had higher values at the same DPO, and they both failed. It definitely isn’t the end-all this early.

Back